Jarvis Landry signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry signed

SIXTH! I didnt know we had any signed. Been out of the loop for a while I guess.

Sixth.

Landry, Aikens, Lynch, Tripp, Hazel and Fede have all signed. Only two left are James and Turner.

I wouldn't be surprised if Turner signs in the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow.

I assume that it's good because if they don't sign, they essentially hold out, and do not go to camp. A la Harvey in Jax (1st rd pick) a few years ago.

Officially my favorite acquisition of the off season. This kid is going to be a difference maker.

This may be very Homerish of me to say, but I really think this guy is going to be special. forget about how strong he goes up to get the ball, or how great his concentration is catching each pass, this Kid just has the IT factor.

He plays the game violently, tough, very UN Ted Ginn like, and when he goes up for a pass he is fearless, does not care how he is falling, or who is about to try to separate him from the ball, he is coming down with it, and if he is still on his feet after catching it, he is not going to any sidelines or allowing himself to go down on 1st contact.

What could make him special, of what I have seen in most of his clips, seems to be that while many receivers are trying to just make the catch, or a 1st down, he is worried about one thing, reaching the endzone all the time, at all cost, even though he does not have blazing speed, and might need 80 yards, he wants to reach the endzone everytime he catches the ball. He wants to score, and then score again. He may only be 6'0 feet tall, but when they said he could be a very dangerous redzone receiver for Miami, it was far more true then many actually know.

If he is not Miami top player scoring TDs this year (Wallace might have a break out year with Miami), eventually he will be. So excited to see this kid in action, that the next month and a half is going to be BRUTAL.

If the Lazor offense really is about speed, short drops, quick reads and quick release (all of which Lazor has been quoted as saying), then you can expect the OC to put a lot of onus on receivers and TEs to make the yardage themselves. That would seem to fall into Landry's skillset very nicley. I think it's also an attribute of Matthews and Gibson, both of whom turn upfield very quickly. Wallace should be OK with his speed to get separation and pick up chunk yardage.

The guy you would worry about in terms of scheme fit could be Hartline. He's not a burner, he's addicted to the comeback route which is the QBs friend but won't win you any YAC, and the ol' spaghetti legs syndrome means he's spitting out turf half a second after he snags the football. That adds up to meagre yardage in the system described.

I don't see him as a short-term risk of being cut, but I do see his production dropping off. I could see him rotating in the X position with a couple of other receivers and he's unlikely to compensate with a similar amount of work in the slot. It all remains to play out, but he could be difficult to fit into the gameplan.

Landry seems very suited to it, though you'd like to see more burst in his get-off.

Back
Top Bottom