Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

Gonzo said:
Careful, he didn't say exactly that, so you are putting words in his mouth. :lol:

Well that's what I take from it. Does he realize that Madison and Surtain didn't start their rookie years? The dude will improve, it's ridiculous to think that this is his peak. If he sucks during his second year, then we can think about worrying.

Dolfan984 said:
Well that's what I take from it. Does he realize that Madison and Surtain didn't start their rookie years? The dude will improve, it's ridiculous to think that this is his peak. If he sucks during his second year, then we can think about worrying.
I know. I was just alluding to a previous response. And you are 100% correct. The list of players who didn't blossom until after their first year is much longer than the list of those who did during their first, no doubt. I honestly think this bashing goes back to the draft and Saban not drafting whoever they wanted. It never fails and it doesn't matter who we drafted. It would be one thing if this was constructive criticism, as a tiny minority of the posts in here were, but the majority is incoherent bashing. Fun to read though :lol:

There is about a billion posts and i didn't have time to read them all but i didn't see anyone metion that fact that he popped his hip out of place midway through his senior year and couldn't finish up the rest of the year. People are saying that its hurt him to miss the 2 weeks of camp how about the fact that he missed half of his senior year also. You see flashes of him making good plays i always see him sticking his nose in there on the run plays which i like he has good range. I also belive that it appears that he got beat on some of the touchdowns but was just fast enough to almost get there and people mistook it for his mistake. Dont get me wrong he has been beat bad on a few plays but he hasn't been on a field in a while it will take a little longer than i hoped but he has all the tools to be great and i think he still will. He is a great athlete and he wants to learn that is the recipe for success people just need to get off his back and let him get used to football again. done.

Bottom line for me is this guy is a safety with 4.4 speed. We badly needed speed in our secondary and he gave it to us. He also has shown Improvement in these 2 games. Against Jax he looked lost and got beat multiple times. Against TB he looked much better covering his portion of the field most of the night. He peeked in the backfield for one play and got burned, so what. If you look up rookie mistake in the dictionary that play is what you will see.

What I choose to look at is the fact that he got roasted the guy was 10 yards past him and he still caught up and tackled the guy into the endzone. That is pure speed right there. He did the same thing in the Jax game, I believe it was Matt Jones caught the deep ball and was way ahead of J Allen and he still caught him right as he got to the endzone. Now if he is still making these mistakes 2 years down the road then yes he could be a bust but right now he is just learning the D and I think he will probably be our best DB within 2 years.

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

I haven't really been listening to this thread...so tell me how you can come to the above conclusion without starting a regular season game first? Just curious....

*goes back to his cave*

:desk:

Well, I just cant argue with a guy from Tempeepee:rolleyes: ,and I read the draft report he was the second db drafted in the draft after Hill from Auburn, I think it was Hill. Anyways I'm not questioning he has the talent, I just dont think he fits all the hype that has surrounded him. But like you said it's too early to tell anything. I guess in 10 yrs.....I'll reevaluate him. 10 yrs.....thats enough right?:wink:

mykalq1 said:
"The guy has had, like, three or four practices at corner," Saban said. "He really played pretty well except for that play. I'm sure he'll continue to get better. He's wearing more hats than is probably beneficial to him right now."

This is what Saban said. I'm getting the feeling the more time a spend reading threads for this site that there is a lot of bandwagon fans and idiots that don't know football. Ask any veteran to learn a new system in two different positions and I'll show you someone who will look lost after two week of practice. I don't have to have a thousand posts to recognize that some people on here don't want the dolphins to be successful they just want to complain. But the same people will be singing praise when the winning begins. If you a fan be a fan a support, making a judgment after two week in Training Camp and two preseason game just shows your ignorance. If Jason Allen is a bust it will fully come to light sometime midseason, but to condemn the man this early just show YOU DON"T KNOW FOOTBALL.[/quote
Right on man i feel the same way!

Gonzo said:
Careful, he didn't say exactly that, so you are putting words in his mouth. :lol:
I'm glad that your having fun at my expense, I thought the purpose of these "discussions" were to express our opinions not bash eachother on our views.

Well he was brought here to be our starting safety and that says it all. He held out he can't tackle and now Saban is trying to move a #16 overall pick(who was suppose to start immediately and charged us like it) around to find a place where he sucks the least. You people bashing the people that says he sucks just don't want to accept the truth. He sucks for holding out and claiming to be worth all that money and he sucks in coverage and tackling. The latter two may change but a #16 overall you would expect to already be able to at least tackle.

depac33 said:
Well, I just cant argue with a guy from Tempeepee:rolleyes: ,and I read the draft report he was the second db drafted in the draft after Hill from Auburn, I think it was Hill. Anyways I'm not questioning he has the talent, I just dont think he fits all the hype that has surrounded him. But like you said it's too early to tell anything. I guess in 10 yrs.....I'll reevaluate him. 10 yrs.....thats enough right?:wink:
Apparently not because your only replies are unrealistic responses to logical thought such as responding to the two year mark--which is a fairly well accepted timetable around the NFL--by saying , "well golly, why don't we just wait 10 years then." The draft is for building a team longterm, not going to the superbowl that year. Rarely does it work out that the rookie added was the only missing peice before a superbowl run. I think that tends to be due FA and a team getting used to a certain well-coached system and then excelling in it. We have both of those going into this season. If the rookie manages to crack the starting line up and excel, that's icing on the cake, but it is probably best not to plan on it happening every time.

As for the draft, he was drafted after Huff, Whitner, Hill and just before Cromartie; though he was rated above most of them in many circles until questions over his hip injury came into play. There were fears it was a permanent injury, fears which were debunked before we drafted him. Most of his weaknesses are coachable, but it will take time. The same can be said for the other 4.

depac33 said:
I'm glad that your having fun at my expense, I thought the purpose of these "discussions" were to express our opinions not bash eachother on our views.
:rolleyes2 I was having fun at your post's expense in which you falsely accused me of putting words in your mouth. And when you choose to bash a rookie after two preseason games as being untalented, then I am going to bash that post because a statment like that lacks any logic and does not deserve any in return.

Gonzo said:
Apparently not because your only replies are unrealistic responses to logical thought such as responding to the two year mark--which is a fairly well accepted timetable around the NFL--by saying , "well golly, why don't we just wait 10 years then." The draft is for building a team longterm, not going to the superbowl that year. Rarely does it work out that the rookie added was the only missing peice before a superbowl run. I think that tends to be due FA and a team getting used to a certain well-coached system and then excelling in it. We have both of those going into this season. If the rookie manages to crack the starting line up and excel, that's icing on the cake, but it is probably best not to plan on it happening every time.

As for the draft, he was drafted after Huff, Whitner, Hill and just before Cromartie; though he was rated above most of them in many circles until questions over his hip injury came into play. There were fears it was a permanent injury, fears which were debunked before we drafted him. Most of his weaknesses are coachable, but it will take time. The same can be said for the other 4.

We'll see.....thats all I'm saying on this topic, we'll see. Like I said before it doesn't matter even if I'm wrong because if he turns out to be a good player it benifits the team. But if he doesn't.........

Gonzo said:
:rolleyes2 I was having fun at your post's expense in which you falsely accused me of putting words in your mouth. And when you choose to bash a rookie after two preseason games as being untalented, then I am going to bash that post because a statment like that lacks any logic and does not deserve any in return.
But you did respond, and you were puting words in my mouth.And just because it's unlogical to you doesn't make it without logic, step out of the box,son. The weather's nice outside the box.

depac33 said:
But you did respond, and you were puting words in my mouth.And just because it's unlogical to you doesn't make it without logic, step out of the box,son. The weather's nice outside the box.
:lol: What is apparently outside the box is a dreamland where rookies automatically perform well in the NFL because "they have been playing the position for years." It's a fantasy run by fans that don't understand basic concepts of the game, particularly at the NFL level. The weather is only nice because you are imagining it to be. It's sunny because in this dreamland it turns sunny the instant you want to. It's a pretty dreamland, but in the real world, we have to wait for those clouds to make way for the sun sometimes, and that takes a little time and patience as fans...yo.

Back
Top Bottom