------------- Jason Allen's NOT undersized | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------------- Jason Allen's NOT undersized

Is Jason Allen a good sized Free Safety?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i looked on nfl.com and of 22 DBs rated in this years draft, only cromartie and jimmy williams were bigger and only by an inch, and for that matter only 8 of the 22 were over 6-0.
Jason Allen, Tennessee (6-0 7/8, 209, 4.44)
Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech (6-2 3/8, 213, 4.46)
Antonio Cromartie, Florida State (6-2 1/8, 208, 4.49)

this is what was said about bing, and he was drafted to play line backer
Darnell Bing, USC (6-2, 225, 4.58)
might be a bit too heavy at 225 pounds

Yeah I've been hearing about this undersized thing, I don't where people get that assessment. I guess cause he's not as tall as the fan favorite, Jimmy Williams so he's undersized.

Jason Allen
Height: 6-0 Weight: 213
40-yard dash: 4.39 10-yard dash: 1.46
20-yard shuttle: 3.81 60-yard shuttle: 11.17
Broad jump: 10-11 225-lb. bench: 17
3-cone drill: 6.75 Vertical jump: 39
Wonderlic: 11 20-yard dash: 2.52

These are Alllen Combine numbers which are excelent. Not only does he have good size he is very athletic. His 20-yard shuttle time which by the way takes fluid hips is the fastest time of all players in the draft. He was slightly slower then Huff at the 40ty time but better in about everything else. If not for the injury he would have been right there with Huff as best D-back in the draft. He is also a big guy who can still add muscle to his frame. While Huff may be a little bit better tackler I think Allen has the potietial to be a big time playmaker and slightly better in coverage. Basically Huff is the better prospect now while Allen has slightly morre upside, but that does not mean he will be better cause Huff is the more safe pick. But Allen is about the only other saftey Prospect with the abillity as Huff. The only other D-back that is in the same class as these two as far as pure athlitic abileity is Cromartie, but to me he more of a risk then Allen because not only is he comimg of a major injury as well, he only started one game in college and has not produced near as much as Allen on the feild. This is why I don't uderstand why people sam Cormartie is so much better, other then maybe they like him more cause he is from a Florida team and saw him play more.

tyson22 said:
i looked on nfl.com and of 22 DBs rated in this years draft, only cromartie and jimmy williams were bigger and only by an inch, and for that matter only 8 of the 22 were over 6-0.
Jason Allen, Tennessee (6-0 7/8, 209, 4.44)
Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech (6-2 3/8, 213, 4.46)
Antonio Cromartie, Florida State (6-2 1/8, 208, 4.49)

this is what was said about bing, and he was drafted to play line backer
Darnell Bing, USC (6-2, 225, 4.58)

Hell Bing's 40 time was faster than Surtain's

Maybe Memories said:
i dunno from pics i seen he looks like a surtain madison body type... dunno but to me that was undersized... for a safety he might need to bulk up some more...

yeah i agree of he plays safety then id like to see him gain 5-10 pounds of muscle before the season starts

Aussiefinfan54 said:
yeah i agree of he plays safety then id like to see him gain 5-10 pounds of muscle before the season starts

Sure, that always a good thing. And I'm sure he probably will.
But, even at his current size, 6'1" and 208 lbs. is ALREADY a great size for S.

He's perfect size for Saban's prototype, and expect him to bulk up in the Phins weight room before next season.

In Saban We Trust!

Back
Top Bottom