Jason and Zach Put Things in Perspective/Taylor and Thomas - Great Story | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason and Zach Put Things in Perspective/Taylor and Thomas - Great Story

I'm glad you posted this link.

Now that the war is pretty much over, it seems that many people tend to forget about the sacrifices that our servicemen and women have undertaken.

I just think it is important to remember...and be thankful.
Glad to read Jason's and Zach's comments on their visits.

I'm also glad that some football players have gotten some perspective about the football and war analogy. Football is a rough, violent game. But it is NOT war. People don't die on a regular basis during football games, and the purpose is not to kill each other. Where I understand why the analogy is used, it is time to stop and find a new analogy that works better.
Sorry about the soap box thing.

I hate the "put things in perspective" stories. It's insulting to one's intelligence.

"Gee, until I read this story, I couldn't grasp the seriousness of war versus a sport."

Come on.

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
I hate the "put things in perspective" stories. It's insulting to one's intelligence.

"Gee, until I read this story, I couldn't grasp the seriousness of war versus a sport."

Come on.

I was about to say the same thing.

I mean, if you can't put sports and War into perspective without reading an article like this, you're lost. There's no comparision.

But these guys have been doing it for years. I remember Ray Rhodes being the first one to talk about football as going to war(that I recall)and the media pounced on it as if he had made some great revelation. What a moron. I've disliked him since I heard that little diatribe of his. More football players should read this article. Football is a good thing. War is not.

Hey Great One-
that's a pretty bold prediction- Eagles 34 Dolphins 10 for this year's Monday Nighter. IN MIAMI yet...
What makes you so confident? That heavily upgraded Eagles offense? Oh, wait...

Originally posted by Bopkin02
Hey Great One-
that's a pretty bold prediction- Eagles 34 Dolphins 10 for this year's Monday Nighter. IN MIAMI yet...
What makes you so confident? That heavily upgraded Eagles offense? Oh, wait...

Apparantly he doesn't realize that we dominate at home and that our defense is incredible.

Philadelphia better add someone to that offense besides McNabb if they plan to post 34 on us in Miami. I've seen a lot of their games(they're my local team)and they are TOO CONSERVATIVE on offense. It cost them the last game of the season vs. Giants and the playoff game vs. Bucs. If they come to Miami and try that same thing they won't score 10. Don't mean to talk trash, it's just my opinion. Against Miami, wide open is the best way to try to beat us.

Back
Top Bottom