Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

What they should do, is keep Tannenbaum in the spot he is in, allow him to hire his own GM and the two of them go hire an experienced HC that is looking for a second chance at the apple.

Hue Jackson would fit perfect under this scenario. So would Todd Haley. You could think of others I am sure. Plus, the two guys I listed would be able to hire terrific staffs.

He didn't provide any names it's easier that way just like the QB replacement just get someone....

Exactly. Cole has been pulling crap from his wazzu for years. Last year he had us firing Joe and hiring Adam Gase or Pep Hamilton. Cole was the guy that said Manning would never throw again before going to Denver. He got the scoop wrong on who Andrew Luck (both from Stanford mind you) was going to pick as an agent.

Cole has sucked with his scoops in the past few years.

For some reason I can't paste the link from Cole's twitter but there's a story where he is saying Ross is considering getting rid of everyone in the front office including Hickey and Tannenbaum. The reason is he wants to hire a proven and experienced HC and is willing to give him power over personnel. Interesting listen. You can find it on Cole's twitter or Orlando Alzugaray"s twitter.

Personally I am shocked if this is true but I hope it is.

I'd be surprised if it happens only because it would be the smart thing to do and Ross doesn't have a track record of doing the smart thing where the Fins are concerned.

Cole writes that Stephen Ross is prepared to pay top $ for an experienced coach. Why is this news? Stephen Ross has paid top $ for everything since he bought the team. Do you think that Ndamukong Suh gave him a special discount so he could join the team? Stephen Ross has never been cheap.
I doubt that he blows everything up as Cole predicts. I expect that we are just in the market for a new Head Coach, preferably with experience, and he will bring in a new coaching team.

No chance that Tannenbaum is gone.

Cole has been shooting blanks for years.

if it meant bringing a big fish on board like a Cowher or a Dungy. I bet Tannenbaum would be gone.

now I have to qualify this because this is FH: I am not pimping Cowher et al, just putting myself in Ross' mindset when it comes to this stuff

Imagine if you hired Hue Jackson and you kept Al Saunders on as OC (Saunders was the OC for Jackson in Oakland). Saunders already has relationships within the offensive meeting room. From there, Jackson goes out and hires Jim Schwartz to be his DC for a good chunk of change. After Schwartz is landed, they run hard at Jim Washburn for a DLine coach. He is supposedly the one coach that could truly get to Suh. Schwartz and Washburn worked with each other at two prior spots.

Of course, I am biased. However, I think my plan puts strong coaches in all the important levels and would allow the team to actually be coached up going into a season.

Cole writes that Stephen Ross is prepared to pay top $ for an experienced coach. Why is this news? Stephen Ross has paid top $ for everything since he bought the team. Do you think that Ndamukong Suh gave him a special discount so he could join the team? Stephen Ross has never been cheap.
I doubt that he blows everything up as Cole predicts. I expect that we are just in the market for a new Head Coach, preferably with experience, and he will bring in a new coaching team.

my assumption is that Ross will give a big name total control if necessary which is essentially blowing things up

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Imagine if you hired Hue Jackson and you kept Al Saunders on as OC (Saunders was the OC for Jackson in Oakland). Saunders already has relationships within the offensive meeting room. From there, Jackson goes out and hires Jim Schwartz to be his DC for a good chunk of change. After Schwartz is landed, they run hard at Jim Washburn for a DLine coach. He is supposedly the one coach that could truly get to Suh. Schwartz and Washburn worked with each other at two prior spots.

Of course, I am biased. However, I think my plan puts strong coaches in all the important levels and would allow the team to actually be coached up going into a season.

imagine me wondering if pimping Tannenbaum and Jackson every second of the day will somehow make their employment in 2016 a reality

my assumption is that Ross will give a big name total control if necessary which is essentially blowing things up

But who is "the name"? I agree Sean Payton, but there is really nobody else. These top college coaches are not coming to the Dolphins. Maybe to coach Andrew Luck and that bad division. However, the Fins are not this sexy landing spot right now.

Find that coach that is willing to take on the task of helping this organization get back on its feet and become relevant again. Find that coach that sees the positives of coaching in Miami...which there are many as opposed to those out there that want to see the warts.

I will stand by the fact that this IS a good job. They just have to find the guy that his hungry for it.

Speaking of Haley...

Best fit: Todd Haley, Steelers offensive coordinator. Dolphins VP and former Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will be running the show on this search, and while I’m sure with Stephen Ross as owner Miami will swing for the fences with the Bill Cowhers and Jon Grudens of the NFL world, they’ll likely end up in the familiar Bill Parcells tree. Haley makes a lot of sense because he and Tannenbaum share the same background. Haley has the backing of Parcells (which is big with Tannenbaum) and a track record of elevating the play of his quarterbacks, from Kurt Warner in Arizona to Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh. Other strong candidates would be Bills assistant head coach Anthony Lynn and Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/17/nfl-week-15-blanket-coverage-coaching-carousel

Epic fail, do you really trust Ross to fire everyone who knows anything about football and then on his own, find a HC who is qualified to call all the shots in the FO, draft and free agency and while all that is going on coach the team......if Ross did that we would be getting the first pick in the draft for sure......If Ross wants to have a winner in Miami this is what he needs to do.....have one boss, right now you have a CEO/president in Garfinkel, then you have Tannebaum as executive VP and then Hickey as GM...only one guy should be in charge of running the FO, he would be responsible for hiring the GM and the GM would be responsible for all Player Acquisitions and hiring the HC, give them 4 yrs to put together a winning team, if they fail then the VP fires them all and hires a new GM who then will hire his HC and repeat the process, if it fails then you fire VP, bring in a new one and he gets a shot.....right now there is no accountability in the FO, no one person is responsible for the bad decisions.....That has to change and you do that by having a traditional chain of command with accountabilities....

But who is "the name"? I agree Sean Payton, but there is really nobody else.
see you are making a value judgement, but it is Ross making the decision not you. this is not about your fetishes/opinions. Maybe Ross thinks as highly about Cowher or Gruden or ????? as you do(for what ever reasons) about Tannenbaum

Would seriously hate to lose Hickey, whom is the ONLY person in that FO that has done his job and done it well, but if it means that Tannebum is gone, then so be it. I'd be so happy if I come on here and read Tannebum was let go. It's for the betterment of the organization, period...

Back
Top Bottom