Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

Speaking of Haley...

Best fit: Todd Haley, Steelers offensive coordinator. Dolphins VP and former Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will be running the show on this search, and while I’m sure with Stephen Ross as owner Miami will swing for the fences with the Bill Cowhers and Jon Grudens of the NFL world, they’ll likely end up in the familiar Bill Parcells tree. Haley makes a lot of sense because he and Tannenbaum share the same background. Haley has the backing of Parcells (which is big with Tannenbaum) and a track record of elevating the play of his quarterbacks, from Kurt Warner in Arizona to Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh. Other strong candidates would be Bills assistant head coach Anthony Lynn and Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/17/nfl-week-15-blanket-coverage-coaching-carousel

so if Ross is swinging for the fences is he gonna tell Cowher that he is a peer or subordinate of Tannenbaum? NO is going to say that a Cowher is the top man. and fatass Cole can only report this as Ross being willing to blow it all up(which is essentially true)

see you are making a value judgement, but it is Ross making the decision not you. this is not about your fetishes/opinions. Maybe Ross thinks as highly about Cowher or Gruden or ????? as you do(for what ever reasons) about Tannenbaum

First of all, I understand that Ross is making the decision and not me as I bang away on my laptop here in Maine. We have that established.

Secondly, once and for all folks, Bill Cowher is not coaching again. Ross can ask...he is done. Secondly, Jon Gruden is at best highly unlikely to coach again.

So, if I may, I will make a value judgement and state, "outside of Sean Payton, who is the big name that is possibly out there"?

Keeping Tannenbaum is not a half measure. He is the one that will be able to broker the deal that Cole is talking about. Though people here around here do not believe it, Tannenbaum is a team player. Tannenbaum collecting the power for himself is not his MO.

He has great relationships around the league and among agents. Tannenbaum is a good part of this organization not a negative.

Mike Tannenbaum isn't going to broker jack ****. He's a loser.

Speaking of Haley...

Best fit: Todd Haley, Steelers offensive coordinator. Dolphins VP and former Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum will be running the show on this search, and while I’m sure with Stephen Ross as owner Miami will swing for the fences with the Bill Cowhers and Jon Grudens of the NFL world, they’ll likely end up in the familiar Bill Parcells tree. Haley makes a lot of sense because he and Tannenbaum share the same background. Haley has the backing of Parcells (which is big with Tannenbaum) and a track record of elevating the play of his quarterbacks, from Kurt Warner in Arizona to Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh. Other strong candidates would be Bills assistant head coach Anthony Lynn and Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/17/nfl-week-15-blanket-coverage-coaching-carousel

Jackson is higher on my list, but Haley would do a good job in the long run.

..but honestly do you think he would?

Hard to say...if he could land a top shelf name that requires it yeah i think so

Can he land one though i doubt it...

No one in that building should be untouchable though i know that...

Would seriously hate to lose Hickey, whom is the ONLY person in that FO that has done his job and done it well, but if it means that Tannebum is gone, then so be it. I'd be so happy if I come on here and read Tannebum was let go. It's for the betterment of the organization, period...

Hickey is a clown and a loser. No idea why this fan base likes that dope so much. Total failure in Tampa Bay and now Miami. He sucks.

Here is another issue with this report. This time around Steve Ross MUST have the first person he asks to take his job ACTUALLY take it. No more dumb flirts with Cowher and Gruden. Tony Dungy? Give me a break, he is not coming.

Find a solid OC or DC that failed his first time. Give them a chance to come in and establish their football culture in South Florida.

I am not against Sean Payton btw. Great hire. I do want to take a look at what the comp would be to get him. However, Ross cannot get turned down by him. This team swings and misses too much.

He had more success in New York then we have experienced in decades my friend.

Good, he can **** off back to New York then. And he should take Dawn Aponte with him so she can snitch on coaches and GM's up there just like she's done everywhere else.

I wouldn't believe anything I read on this subject until it comes from a more reliable source....or better yet multiple sources.

Ross is a businessman. How more can you motivate people than to put the word out that NO ONE is safe? He is using an outlet that he knows will get to everyone in the FO without even having to tell them personally.
If it is true, then he is inviting EVERYONE, to include those in the past he has bypassed because they wanted control over personnel. Inviting them all to an interview.

wtf would i want dungy for anyways...nah

Gruden and cowher id say odds of either of those are nil...and i dont want someone elses former hc failure turned oc again either masquerading as a head coach

Thats probably what we are gonna end up with and its not gonna excite me at all...a meant to be coordinator as a head coach...and a former failure at it to boot

Good, he can **** off back to New York then. And he should take Dawn Aponte with him so she can snitch on coaches and GM's up there just like she's done everywhere else.

Adding a lot to this conversation tonight.

Hard to say...if he could land a top shelf name that requires it yeah i think so

Can he land one though i doubt it...

No one in that building should be untouchable though i know that...

I hear you Hoops if it comes down to the person you want for the job saying I'm not coming if Mike T is there okay but doubt their is going to be anyone of that caliber willing to take the job, again who? Agree that can't see a Gruden or Cohwer getting back into coaching....I guess we're going to find out, but more than likely were going to end up with the names we have been discussion as head coach and I doubt they will be in a position to take full control and demand no Mike T.

Hue Jackson did not fail in Oakland. To go 8-8 in that place esp at that time and place is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom