Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
For some reason I can't paste the link from Cole's twitter but there's a story where he is saying Ross is considering getting rid of everyone in the front office including Hickey and Tannenbaum. The reason is he wants to hire a proven and experienced HC and is willing to give him power over personnel. Interesting listen. You can find it on Cole's twitter or Orlando Alzugaray"s twitter.

Personally I am shocked if this is true but I hope it is.

No chance that Tannenbaum is gone.

Cole has been shooting blanks for years.

Probably true. Cole seems to steadfast on his conviction that Ross is going after Peyton for our next HC which means him having control over personnel.

Hopefully its true. It would be the first time that goon actually had the testicular fortitude to make a decision and go with it instead of only going hall way. However, what I just said is something he has never done so the odds of this happening are probably really low.

Not at all sold on Sean Payton.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Would absolutely love it if Ross blew the whole damn thing up once and for all. Start from scratch and get it right this time!!!

We can only hope he gets rid of everyone. No more half measures. Never works.

Keeping Tannenbaum is not a half measure. He is the one that will be able to broker the deal that Cole is talking about. Though people here around here do not believe it, Tannenbaum is a team player. Tannenbaum collecting the power for himself is not his MO.

He has great relationships around the league and among agents. Tannenbaum is a good part of this organization not a negative.

For some reason I can't paste the link from Cole's twitter but there's a story where he is saying Ross is considering getting rid of everyone in the front office including Hickey and Tannenbaum. The reason is he wants to hire a proven and experienced HC and is willing to give him power over personnel. Interesting listen. You can find it on Cole's twitter or Orlando Alzugaray"s twitter.

Personally I am shocked if this is true but I hope it is.
We can only hope

Tannebaum is a former LOSER with the Jets. What makes him so damn untouchable?! Get him the hell away from our team!!!

So he just put a football person in charge, and now he is dumping him already to annoit a HC full control, I just can't buy that narrative no matter what you think of Mike T and Aponte also on the list and doesn't mention who of course is out their to adequately fit the bill.....ya BS.

Tannebaum is a former LOSER with the Jets. What makes him so damn untouchable?! Get him the hell away from our team!!!

1. Tannenbaum has had lightyears more success as a GM than the Dolphins organization has experienced since Don Shula coached the team.
2. Like it or not Ross trusts Tannenbaum for football decisions. It is better than Carl Peterson at his ear. Tannenbaum is respected in league circles and is not drunk with power.

PLUS, I bet you a sack of donuts that Ross is not dumping Dawn Aponte, Matt Higgins and Tannenbaum. Hickey will go, but is that a newsflash? Tannenbaum has the ability to get Aponte, Higgins and the new coach he selects to be working in concert with the same vision for the organization. This team has not had that since 2008. It is VITAL going fwd.

Plus, those who believe and support this report, who is this "big name" that Ross is gong to catch?

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Sean Payton is a big name? Who else fits this criterion?

Urban Meyer? No chance
David Shaw? No chance
Brian Kelly? No chance
Kevin Sumlin? Isn't the shine off him a bit right now?
Mike Shanahan? You are going to give him personnel control again?
Jon Gruden? Not coming
Bill Cowher? Ship has sailed.

So outside of Payton, who is this big name?

Urban Meyer? No chance
David Shaw? No chance
Brian Kelly? No chance
Kevin Sumlin? Isn't the shine off him a bit right now?
Mike Shanahan? You are going to give him personnel control again?
Jon Gruden? Not coming
Bill Cowher? Ship has sailed.

So outside of Payton, who is this big name?

He didn't provide any names it's easier that way just like the QB replacement just get someone....

Back
Top Bottom