Jason Garrett not ready to be Offensive Coordinator | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Garrett not ready to be Offensive Coordinator

bluehaze

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought Garret and Norv were pretty close, if he doesn't want him as his OC then this surely explains why Cameron didn't promote him to be ours:

"Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley one of the holdups to Turner's candidacy is that he doesn't think Garrett is ready to be an offensive coordinator. Garrett interviewed for the head coaching position almost two weeks ago, but he's been expected to be named the offensive coordinator.
Jones would like for Garrett to take on some of the play-calling reponsibilities, but sources said Turner doesn't think he's ready. Turner is a fan of Garrett's, but may be leaning toward naming Cowboys assistant head coach/offensive line Tony Sparano the offensive coordinator and using Garrett in a different role"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2755878

If Garrett isn't named OC, that would really, really suck for Miami.

why? he didn't particularly shine at QB coach. what did he do in his time at Miami that gave anyone the idea that he was ready to be promoted?
right now we (reportedly) have one of the best offensive minds in the game running our team, he obviously did not see enough in Garrett to extend a serious effort to make him a part of our future. Let him bring in the guys he needs to build his staff in an effective way

what happens then? we allowed him to interview for o.c. not "another position". maybe we didnt want him? point being, dallas cant be allowed to just circumvent the hiring rules without consequence. right? by hiring him he HAS to be their OC or HC was my understanding? im confused.

It sounds like Jones is going to hire a different HC that will use Garrett as their OC anyways but i'm not sure why it would suck for Miami if he wasn't named their OC?

what happens then? we allowed him to interview for o.c. not "another position". maybe we didnt want him? point being, dallas cant be allowed to just circumvent the hiring rules without consequence. right? by hiring him he HAS to be their OC or HC was my understanding? im confused.

Dallas Could Use him as Ball boy all they nned to do is add a /Assistant head coach to whatever title and bam it's a promotion.

It sounds like Jones is going to hire a different HC that will use Garrett as their OC anyways but i'm not sure why it would suck for Miami if he wasn't named their OC?

the reason that it would suck would be because the dolphins allowed garrett to only leave if he were to be named a hire position on the cowboys such as OC or possibly HC...it was a deal that wayne and jerry had in place but looks like norv could be thinking differently, at this point ive already accepted taht jason garrett isnt part of our organization anymore so his position on the cowboys is irrelevant to me

Exactly and thats what Dallas is doing. Dallas is circumventing the hiring process. If they do keep him as a QB coach than they need to compensate Miami for that or give him back. I wouldnt let this fly if I was Miami unless they really dont mind getting rid of him..

i think the way it works they just have to give him abetter title like asst. head coach or asst head off cord. or special asst off cord/head coach. blah blah blah you catch the drift anyways!:shakeno:

if he is not made OC then miami can make him come back because he is still under contract and must get a job that is a promotion

i think the way it works they just have to give him abetter title like asst. head coach or asst head off cord. or special asst off cord/head coach. blah blah blah you catch the drift anyways!:shakeno:

Im not exactly sure how it works but it seems like it would have to be more complicated then simply adding a title in front of his name to qualify as a non lateral movement otherwise teams would be stealing coaches from each other left and right. I would imagine if dallas does not find a way to promote him then wayne would need to take it to the commisioner for a ruling. I would like to see them forefit a draft pick to us as a sanction.

Back
Top Bottom