Jason McCourty Says X Is Best CB In League | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason McCourty Says X Is Best CB In League

Damn right he is!

Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Best balls skills I have ever seen in a defensive back.

Plus, absolute knack for this big moment.

Remember he had an INT in his only playoff appearance as a rookie if I remember correctly.

If we can get on a big stage, guarantee X will cement his place in history on his way to the HOF.

Ramsey got toasted all playoffs last year, X is twice the CB he is.

It's nice all 3 players McCourty rated were his teammates.

I agree and yes I’m biased. But really, who’s been better over as long of a stretch? Anyone watch the Rams in the post season? Ramsey got abused in every game including the SB. I can’t imagine what they were saying about him on their boards. X isn’t capable of playing that poorly - my point is, for that position it’s so hard - and our guy leads the league in picks since 2017 and is a game changer every season. I do think he’s the best CB in team history - even across eras as the position is harder to play now than it was when Johnson and Foley played etc - and yes, better than Sam and Patrick (who were great). I think of it like this - X has a shot at the HOF. The other guys don’t even though they were fantastic.

IMO the only thing missing for X is big plays in the postseason on the biggest stage. But that ain’t his fault.

If you look back over the past 4-5 seasons it’s hard to take any DB over X. It just is.

And that’s not any sort of bias. Because I wouldn’t make that argument for any other Miami Dolphins player. I say the same thing about Dan Marino. There’s no other Dolphins player that played from 80’s on that I ever make an argument as being among the greatest.

For the past 4-5 years, though, X has the resume of one of the best today. He’s almost always around the ball and making big plays.

Back
Top Bottom