Jason McCourty Says X Is Best CB In League | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason McCourty Says X Is Best CB In League

I agree and yes I’m biased. But really, who’s been better over as long of a stretch? Anyone watch the Rams in the post season? Ramsey got abused in every game including the SB. I can’t imagine what they were saying about him on their boards. X isn’t capable of playing that poorly - my point is, for that position it’s so hard - and our guy leads the league in picks since 2017 and is a game changer every season. I do think he’s the best CB in team history - even across eras as the position is harder to play now than it was when Johnson and Foley played etc - and yes, better than Sam and Patrick (who were great). I think of it like this - X has a shot at the HOF. The other guys don’t even though they were fantastic.
So glad we didn’t trade him for that 2nd that many on here wanted to do last year when they believed in Flores. Royal you were not one of these posters.

Lets bring this back to the original detail. X was a second round pick we all had question marks about - had injuries and is now all-world. It's called drafting and developing talent. We are finally OK

I agree and yes I’m biased. But really, who’s been better over as long of a stretch? Anyone watch the Rams in the post season? Ramsey got abused in every game including the SB. I can’t imagine what they were saying about him on their boards. X isn’t capable of playing that poorly - my point is, for that position it’s so hard - and our guy leads the league in picks since 2017 and is a game changer every season. I do think he’s the best CB in team history - even across eras as the position is harder to play now than it was when Johnson and Foley played etc - and yes, better than Sam and Patrick (who were great). I think of it like this - X has a shot at the HOF. The other guys don’t even though they were fantastic.
Sam and Patrick did the bulk of their work in an era where the DB's were allowed to be a lot more physical. I remember when the rules were re-emphasized circa 2003-2004 that they were speculating it would affect the Dolphins a lot because of the physical way our DB's played.

People complain about his tackling skills but he won us that 1st new England game last year.
God love the CB who is a great tackler but when they're not that's like complaining a QB isn't a good run blocker. It isn't the main focus of the job.

I've got no problems with X and Byron as our two boundary Corners. A damn good pair and they pretty much hold their own one on one on the outside.

IMO the only thing missing for X is big plays in the postseason on the biggest stage. But that ain’t his fault.

If you look back over the past 4-5 seasons it’s hard to take any DB over X. It just is.

And that’s not any sort of bias. Because I wouldn’t make that argument for any other Miami Dolphins player. I say the same thing about Dan Marino. There’s no other Dolphins player that played from 80’s on that I ever make an argument as being among the greatest.

For the past 4-5 years, though, X has the resume of one of the best today. He’s almost always around the ball and making big plays.
And even the 1 playoff appearance we’ve had - 2016 - he got his first career INT vs Big Ben :)

So glad we didn’t trade him for that 2nd that many on here wanted to do last year when they believed in Flores. Royal you were not one of these posters.

There were some pretty interesting comments in those "renegotiation" threads. If memory serves, someone suggested he should be a greeter at Wal-Mart if he didn't like his contract.

There were some pretty interesting comments in those "renegotiation" threads. If memory serves, someone suggested he should be a greeter at Wal-Mart if he didn't like his contract.
Personally speaking I was all for dumping X if his hold out and contract BS became a distraction to the team. I felt he went about it wrong with his media blasting of the team... but then he proved to put himself in a position to get what he wanted and not become the cancer to the locker room that I feared he would become. I got to say my respect for him went up not just my opinion of his play.

Just another set of props that X deserves. Great player and great teammate. Thank god he is a dolphin...

X all day, didnt Diggs give up like the most yards all season for cb's?
When Diggs has 5-6 good seasons in a row we can talk! I loved the game he got a pick 6, then the very next play after the KO he gave up a 75 yard bomb for TD lol 😂

He could intercept shoppers who try to exit with unpaid merchandise

Back
Top Bottom