Jason Peters? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Peters?

Why not bring him in on a 1 year contract? Let him groom the rooks and help keep
qb upright this year.He may not have much left in the tank[pun intended] but is great
locker room guy with alot of experience
This is the only vet out there I would advocate they consider. You just don’t want him to be a progress stopper. Fitz survived behind the worst Oline I’ve ever seen. I’m optimistic this one will be much better.

Cut Wilson, make a trade for someone decent on a rookie deal and sign him. Like having an extra coach, 1-2 years. I mean he is 38, how much can he get? No one knocking down his door, a step away from retirement.

We aren’t going to carry the 90 guys under contract currently. We have plenty of cap room.
I believe during off season the top 51 (out of however many a team has signed) count. Having 60, 75 or 90 signed doesn't matter. It's the biggest contracts. Now if we release Wilson, then we will see a cap impact. But as an example the last 4 guys Miami waived (the hartgage group) had no cap impact cause none were top 51.

Jason Peters is a D#$K... ask anyone that works in Atlantic City, NJ.... Pretty nasty to anyone that crosses his path, and cetainly not the "mentor" type.....

tempting, i wouldn't want to be caught in a situation where Tua would give us the best chance to win theoretically, but the OT's aren't stable enough

Wish I knew where all the cap space went didn't seem like we went nuts in Free Agency, I'd cut Wilson if I were in charge either him or Grant but Grant is cheaper (faster as well)..

I'd consider Peters but really the value is going to come after cut down days when teams may get rid of a good Veteran for a younger rookie with upside. We also may see some teams cutting players to sign rookies.. In my Mind we are about 1 player away from having a really good Offensive Line with actual depth.

Ive been running witb this all offseason in case we struck out in tbe draft or the drafted player wasn’t ready. This is a no brainer imo. 1 year fully guaranteed say $4-6 mil.

no brainer

cut Albert Wilson if he won’t take a cut if need be

I'd like to bring in Peters. Tunsil had Brandon Albert to show him the ropes in his rookie year. I'm sure we remember that Tunsil played LG in his rookie year. I think BA helped Tunsil. We can find the money. Is Peters healthy?

At this point, I'm not bringing in any short-timers who could get us another win or two. If you can bring in an older player cheap who you think can be a bit of a mentor/coach-on-the-field, that's fine, but, I think, when you look at how this draft played out, this isn't a team they are looking to win this year. This is a team being directed toward being very good in 2021, 2022, and beyond.

If it does win this year, great. It means the young guys we thought needed a year really were closer than we thought. But there's no point deviating from the plan for a empty win that doesn't get us to the playoffs but does have us picking a couple of spots later in the draft.

Ideally, the Dolphins win about seven games this year, are really competitive in at least five more, and draft in the 10-12 range. At least, that's MO what's best for the organization in the long run.

Makes less sense than Trent Williams did.

Miami is building something, not trying to fill spots short term.

I am for it. I read that Peters has stated he would love to play for another year and would be willing to be a back up in a mentor role. If he would take a reasonable salary for 1 year he could be a good mentor and be there in case of injury. Jackson could benefit from this.

Makes less sense than Trent Williams did.

Miami is building something, not trying to fill spots short term.
Not true. This would be a very different situation. Williams still has at least a couple of good years left, and can start for a contender. Williams also demands a lot bigger salary. None of this applies to Peters.

I would imagine that at 38 Peters contract would be fairly reasonable

Well, that would be up to him, and if his agent fills his mind that he was and still is one of the best, Peters might expect someone to pay for his services for one more big killing.

Back
Top Bottom