Jason Sanders Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Sanders Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jason Sanders matched his Week 4 performance with five field goals made in Miami's Week 5 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. The performance earned the Dolphins kicker AFC Special Teams Player of the week honors. He was good from 50, 49, 31, 29 and 26 yards, and connected on all four of his point after attempts. On the season, Sanders is a perfect 14-of-14 with a season-long of 52 yards. The 14 successful field goals is the second-most in the NFL behind Indianapolis' Rodrigo Blankenship. Sanders is one of four place kickers who have played in all of their team's games without a miss this season, and is the only one of the four with double-digit makes in the field goal department.

Congrats Sanders. You a beast. Every time I see a kicker miss a kick (and there's a lot of poor kickers in the league), like Badgley for the Chargers on MNF, I thank god Miami is one of the few teams to actually have a great kicker.

He's 14/14 including 6/6 from 40+

C5q5.gif

He's 14/14 including 6/6 from 40+

C5q5.gif

thank you, been a stressful day. I needed the meatball fist pumping a FG to make it better. RIP Coach

EDIT... what makes this so much more exciting..i just googled this game.... this was after a massive 25 yarder, after 6 straight handoffs. he sure could run that clock down

Last edited:
Just another bad draft pick by the Dolphin's FO. Everyone knew we should have drafted Eddy Pineiro. Typical Grier failure. No balls. How dare he let the ST coach influence his decision. Set the franchise back another ten years because we hear all kinds of excuses like his long snapper was to blame.

I wonder if it has something to do with our 6th round pick as well

2018 - JS made 90% of kicks working with Haack & Denney
2019 - JS made 78% of kicks working with Haack & Pepper
2020 - JS is currently at 100% working with Haack & Ferguson

And Haack has his best average & net yardage in the four season to date.

I have absolutely no proof, but if the ball is arriving a fraction quicker & more accurately is it allowing them to be letting hurried and strike the ball better?

Back
Top Bottom