Jason Sanders Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Sanders Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

All I know is Sanders was a great waiver wire pick up in my fantasy league. He’s the number 1 scoring kicker through 5 games.

If there was going to be a pro bowl this year, the NFL would already have sent him an invite.

I have absolutely no proof, but if the ball is arriving a fraction quicker & more accurately is it allowing them to be letting hurried and strike the ball better?

I always wondered if anyone had ever looked into the correlation between the quality of the snap/hold and the accuracy rate. I remember with Mare everything was always this precise dance and if anything went wrong he fell apart. With Sanders the kicks look so straight and true. How much of that is the pure power of the strike and how much is dependent on the ball placement?

I wonder if it has something to do with our 6th round pick as well

2018 - JS made 90% of kicks working with Haack & Denney
2019 - JS made 78% of kicks working with Haack & Pepper
2020 - JS is currently at 100% working with Haack & Ferguson

And Haack has his best average & net yardage in the four season to date.

I have absolutely no proof, but if the ball is arriving a fraction quicker & more accurately is it allowing them to be letting hurried and strike the ball better?
nice stat find.

No proof, but those numbers, added to the fact that they obviously felt LS was an issue last year.

Ppl laughed at spending a pick on a snapper, but really a small price to pay, if it fixes a weakness.

Back
Top Bottom