Jason Taylor Fined and other tidbits | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor Fined and other tidbits

Morris' mind made up
Seeing game film didn't change Sammy Morris' view that the Dolphins might have been able to run more against the Jaguars. "That's one of the areas I saw where we could have done even better," he said.
Morris had 42 yards on 10 carries in the first half. He had two of the team's four carries in the second.
Asked if the Dolphins' 17-7 deficit played a role in his lack of action, Morris said, "I guess."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/06/a7c_dolphins_extra_1206.html

This is from the same article Fins05 posted...just citing it.

I thought we could have run the ball more too. I think we could have attacked their ends more with the run. Alot of our runs were off counters right at the tackles. We tried to get outside on some sweeps and other than one they were to no avail. I thought Sammy and Travis both filled in admirably. I mean, heck, Joey Harrington was throwing the ball well. Our offense looked really well. The 2 INTs were just so costly and we didn't get much help from our defense, which was the key to our winning streak.

rdhstlr23 said:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/06/a7c_dolphins_extra_1206.html

This is from the same article Fins05 posted...just citing it.

I thought we could have run the ball more too. I think we could have attacked their ends more with the run. Alot of our runs were off counters right at the tackles. We tried to get outside on some sweeps and other than one they were to no avail. I thought Sammy and Travis both filled in admirably. I mean, heck, Joey Harrington was throwing the ball well. Our offense looked really well. The 2 INTs were just so costly and we didn't get much help from our defense, which was the key to our winning streak.

there are quite a few games this year where in the 2nd half we ran the ball less than 10 times, after we ran the ball well in the first half. I mean, we only ran the ball 4 freakin times in the 2nd half....that just allows a team to tee off on Joey....forcin him into all kinds of trouble.

I'm really surprised by Morris' talent level this season. He looks way faster and more athletic than I've ever seen him look. When I noted this before, it was only a few weeks before the NFL dropped the hammer on him for violating the steroids policy...

I've noticed him as a more explosive runner who hits the holes pretty fast, he's decisive and on a few he has broken he has shown that he's got good vision in the open field. He'll bust it from the outside and take it inside, whereas i've seen ronnie lean more to the outside on breaks. With ronnie, it's just going to take 20 or more carries a game for the rest of the season to get him into a groove. Our playcalling isn't giving him a chance to get comfortable back there.

Whenever this so called "the score dictated our playcalling" happens... we lose the game, EVERY TIME! I think it's time for a new strategy.

Fins05:NewHope said:

I really dont remember the face mask being so bad that it deserved a fine.

Apparently others agree with you:

5. I think the best recent example of how the league bends over backward to coddle quarterbacks is what happened to Jason Taylor last week. Taylor picked up a 15-yard penalty for a facemask violation on Jon Kitna in the Thanksgiving game. Later in the game, Detroit tackle Rex Tucker got a facemask on Taylor, the same 15-yard violation, for, according to Taylor, "pulling the helmet around so far I was seeing out of the earhole.'' Last Thursday, when Taylor came into work, he found a FedEx letter from the NFL. He'd been fined $7,500 for the facemask of Kitna. Tucker was not fined for his facemask penalty. "Outrageous,'' Taylor told me. "Once I knew I had his facemask, I let go. I'm not a dirty player. I went up to him after the game and said, 'Hey, sorry. You OK?' And he was fine. This is a savage game. We all know what we signed up for. Everybody's career is in danger on every play -- except the quarterback. It's gotten to the point in this league where there's one set of rules for 50 guys on the roster and another set for the three quarterbacks. The NFL's ruining the game. They have to stop babying these guys and treat 'em like football players.''

I appreciate the NFL's efforts to keep the quarterbacks upright these days, but the run of ticky-tack, overprotective penalties is over the top.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/12/03/mmqb/5.html

LOL
this was supposed to be a post about Taylor getting fined and turned into what we shouldv'e done in the second quarter vs the Jags.:lol:

anyway Taylor does not deserve a penalty for the facemask. I mean come on...every time the quarter back gets touched by the defence they are in chance of getting fined.

Man Law!---Let the Quarter Back be a man and take a hit. No more treating QB's like a fairy princess. Especially if it is Kitna for crieing out loud.

Fins05:NewHope said:

I really dont remember the face mask being so bad that it deserved a fine.
I saw it this morning he turned Kitna, all the way around. I thought that those kind of fouls would of cost Jason 5,000 dollars not 7,500 dollars. Maybe it had something to do with what Jason said this past week about all the Ticky-Tack calls on roughing the QB. But then maybe not.

Jason is far from a cheap shot artist and I think the league knows that Jason is a high character football player. Not to mention that he is undersized so that helps in terms of limiting the amount of damage he can do to other players. In fact, he is far more often the victim of cheap stuff on the field (leading to injuries) than he is the perpetrator. But in all honesty a $7,500 fine to Taylor is like denying him a new pair of shoes this week.

He DID whip Kitna's head around like the Exorcist. It wasn't done intentionally as Jason's a fair player. It happens. But to fine him $7,500 for that is outrageous. The 15 yd pentalty and automatic first down, instead of a safety was penalty enough.
I wish they would start fining the refs for wevery mistake they make.

Back
Top Bottom