Jason Taylor Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Month | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Month

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Jason Taylor Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Month
In three games during October, the 6-6, 260-pound Taylor recorded 15 tackles, four sacks for 52 yards in losses, 13 quarterback pressures, two forced fumbles and a pass defensed, as the Dolphins posted a record of 2-1.
pretty amazing considering he had the bye week in Oct :lol:

:hail:
clear.gif

Here's to JT for being "da man o' da month o' October" :D

And he took the Bills game off to.

j/k - Congrats to JT, he's one of the best DLineman in the NFL right now.

[intro]In three games during October, the 6-6, 260-pound Taylor recorded 15 tackles, four sacks for 52 yards in losses, 13 quarterback pressures, two forced fumbles and a pass defensed, as the Dolphins posted a record of 2-1.[/intro]

Taken from the Miami Dolphins official site. This post is simply for the main page...

Good to see JT win some awards this year. He has definately proven himself to be one of the best DE's in football

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
He actually had two bye weeks, he was invisible during the Bills game

Yup focused so much on J.T you let everyone else on threw for a sack party :)

Way to go J.T. Now all we need to do is get you a solid partner opposite you so teams can't focus solely on J.T all day long.

You Buffalo guys are so full of sh*t. Really.

Jason Taylor was not shut down. Actually, Buffalo did a good job of AVOIDING Taylor. They never ran at him. Lots of quick passes, shift protection, double-teams, and HOLDING helped Buffalo avoid Taylor. And wouldn't they?? That's not cowardice or stupidity. It's SMART football.

After finally bringing myself to re-watch the game for the first time, I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the Bills. They ARE NOT a better team than us. Not even close. That game there for the taking. Even though we lost our QB and both WRs in one week, we had no trouble moving the ball. Our QB, however, just couldn't stop throwing to the wrong team.

The Bills played a solid game. They did. And that's why I'm so confident in our team. The Bills didn't show me a whole lot. We really did give that game away.

As for Travis Henry's yardage........ a good portion of those yards came on runs in which we took very poor angles or had poor containment on the play. Stuff that is easily corrected and atypical of this defense. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that we can destroy this team IN BUFFALO. NO DOUBT. Hell, if we get Chambers, Carter, and Fiedler back......my belief will be that much STRONGER.

LONG LIVE THE DOLPHINS!!!!

HOLDING??

Dats phunny......I've seen the game tape....no holding nor did I see any holding by your OL. Refs called a good game.

For starters, check out the first play of the game. Jonas Jennings gets called for holding Taylor.

There wasn't a whole lot of it going on. But it did happen sporadically. One of Henry's big runs down the left side also came when Taylor got held (no call).

Back
Top Bottom