Jason Taylor to retire and go into acting article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor to retire and go into acting article

He wants to act full time though. You can't do both. ]

This isn't just a 1 movie and done type deal

He need to do it once before making his mind up. It's not necessarily the experience he might think it is. There is a ton of waiting around in acting. You wait while you're on the set. You wait for your agent to call for parts. You wait to audition. Does he have the patience for that?

He wouldn't be the first football player/actor. Burt Reynolds, Howie Long, and Jim Brown come to mind.

Hey, Ace!

Yeah, Dan?

You got any more of that gum?

That's none of your damn business, Dan, and I would like it if you stayed out of my personal affairs!

You're a weird guy, Ace! Weird guy!

Wow... whats next? The Miami Dolphins are moving to Los Angeles? Did the United States become Communist overnight? My son isn't mine?

j/k... I don't have kids...

Sounds like the Tony Bruno show on Madden where a player doesn't report to camp b/c he wants to act.

As if JT couldn't start acting in 3 or 4 years.

I have to wonder how much this might have to do with the attack JT suffered combined with the murder of that Broncos player. Taylor may have always planned to retire and go into acting, but he is now thinking that life is too short to put off something like that if you really want to do it.

Sounds like the Tony Bruno show on Madden where a player doesn't report to camp b/c he wants to act.

As if JT couldn't start acting in 3 or 4 years.

Why not? He's had a nice career. If he wants to go out on his own terms, more power to him.

Isn't he the spokesman for Neutrogena, was he, or is that a figment of my imagination?

I've produced two movies. He can easily do both by shooting during the off-season. It's a far cry fron NFL Football. Wardrobe, make-up, taking orders from directors. He might like it in small doses. I'm not sure how good he'd be. He'd be good at the action parts but dialouge is a whole different deal.

Those who know Dolphins DE Jason Taylor say the defensive end wants to take time to decide whether he wants to continue playing or go into acting, according to a report by Adam Schefter of the NFL NETWORK.

Money does not seem to be a factor, even though Taylor is scheduled to make more than $16 million over the next two seasons. Taylor has taken great and wise care of the money he already has made.

What matters more is Taylor's happiness, and what will bring him the greatest amount of it. Hollywood directors have offered movie parts to Taylor -- the most high-profile one being in an upcoming Robert DeNiro movie. But Taylor wants to take the next month to decide whether he wants to go football in Miami or movies in Los Angeles.
How about no?

His heart is not in football anymore? Maybe his heart is in both? Don't question his heart, the guy played his *** off this season, and he simply is just tired of losing.

I don't think he's a quitter. He will be back.

Back
Top Bottom