Jason Taylor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor

Is Jason Taylor "losing it?"

• No, He is getting better every year!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Yes, His sacks and play dropped last year b/c he isn't as good as he used to be.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's the same or better, but overall play from the DL dropped last year and caused his stats to drop

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • He never had "it." Just a one-year wonder in 2000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure, but I hope he repeats his 2000 performance this year!

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

MOULDSROCKS

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is JT not as good as he used to be? Or better than ever. His sack count and overall play dropped last year. I'm wondering what you guys think about him.

He picked up his game in other areas. I think he is solid.

p.s. I'm not bashing anyone or talking smack. I'M JUST INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINIONS. Please handle this post with class and talk smack somewhere else....

I think he had to concentrate more on run support last year, but if you look at his stats, you start to wonder if he is everything that he is made to be. I thik he is a stud DE and I would love to have him, but he is no longer among the Top 3 or 5. Still a top 10 though. He is very balanced for a DE though, he can play the run or rush the passer, he also has had a few picks in his career.

A lot of people here have a "Wys" mentality and use stats to say a player is great. BUT if you use stats for Taylor, he isn't an amazing player....

Don't forget

JT's stats dropped partially because OLs were dedicating 2-3 men to stopping him...
I think he's every bit as good ... we just need to get pressure from elsewhere so that if teams do put 2 guys against him, someone else will get in....

I would like to see him get the sacks like he did a few years ago, but if it comes at the cost of his tackles going down then no. I think for a DE to get the tackles he did last year is bigger than sacks. He is stopping things at the line and over all that is more important IMHO. BTW, I feel he is getting better.

I feel he is at his peak - which is Pro Bowl level - and will get the stats to match his abilities and effort given the proper supporting cast.

NOT A TRACE of a PASS RUSH!!!

There is no doubt in my mind the loss of TRACE ARMSTRONG affected JT's sack totals!!! Teams simply double teamed JT on passing downs and even chipped with a fullback on occasions!! That's why I am not at all concerned with the loss of MIXON who rarely put on any kind of a rush!! BURNETT should provide more pressure than MIXON!! As for TRACE he was SOLID as a DOLPHIN and it was simply a numbers game!!! He knows how to get to the QUARTERBACK!! He's healthy and he will definately help the FAIDERS!!!

J.T is a stud. With the loss of Trace Armstrong he still almost had double digit sacks at the same time becoming a much more solid player against the run.

I'm hoping Rob Burnett can return to his 2000 form. If they can get 8-10 sacks out of Burnett then teams can't double team (or sometimes triple team with the FB chipping when he beat the double team) J.T on every down.

However we are hoping for a lot out of the other DE spot. Lot of huge question marks there.

why would a team use their tackle, guard/TE, and fullback to block Taylor????? that leaves only 3/4 more blockers to handle 3-6 players..... that doesn't sound right

MouldsRocks that must me how your dad looks when his shooting heroin. Why the **** are you on this board. JT is a top 5 DE and that's a fact. Ask any coach just in your division they will confirm that. Who the **** do you guys have that can even hold JT's jock strap. You think he's balling on MTV cribs because people dont think he's a top 5 DE and he commends the attention. I ****in hate these mother****ers on this board with there stupid ass way of thinking. To think that we have gone 11-5 the previous two seasons with no Offense. Now Imagine we now have a Offense. That must be why so many of you retarded monkeys are on our boards, ya must be ****ing in your pants.!!

there's the key AFTER he got past the OL the fullback saw him as a threat and blocked..... it's not like they had in their game plans "let's send 3 blockers at Taylor on this play" the FB has to be aware of where the pass rushers are. He doesn't key in on one player. Also there were times, believe it or not when there was only 1 person blocking him.

Back
Top Bottom