Jason Taylor's 5 best young pass rushers in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor's 5 best young pass rushers in the NFL

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
Now a ESPN analyst, Dolphin great Jason Taylor list his 5 best young defensive pass rushers with 5 years or less experience in the NFL. It goes as follows, and in no particular order:

1. Cameron Wake - Miami Dolphins

2. Jason Pierre Paul - New York Giants

3. Von Miller - Denver Broncos

4. Brian Orakpo - Washington Redskins

5. Aldon Smith - San Fransisco 49ers

Thanks to the future HOF'er for giving props where props are due. Good hire for the mousetrap channel! Almost makes a segment somewhat bearable to watch.

And IMO, Cam is #1.

I like this list, but I feel like most people outside of the Dolphin fan base don't really know who Cameron Wake is.

I think most big time NFL fans know who Cameron Wake is.

You have to love ALL the pass rushers on that list. That's one hell of a list. Only problem is the blatant favoritism. This is a list of the best young pass rushers in the NFL.

-Aldon Smith is 22 years old
-Jason Pierre-Paul is 23 years old
-Von Miller is 23 years old
-Brian Orakpo is 26 years old
-Cameron Wake is 30 years old

One of these names is not like the other...

You have to love ALL the pass rushers on that list. That's one hell of a list. Only problem is the blatant favoritism. This is a list of the best young pass rushers in the NFL.

Wake has less than five years of NFL experience, whihc was the criteria, so he belongs.

You know all the other AFC East fans are calling JT a Bias...just the way we see Ted Bruschi on ESPN lol

30's are the new 20's.

...Sigh...

On the bright side

One didn't cost an early draft pick either - We get great pressure from Wake

Which means we can make an early selection of a stud DE next year if Olivier isn't the man

Curious what's considered young? What's considered old?
Remember Ck there's a thin line between Love and Jet status!

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is a great example of manipulating the criteria so that you get the result you want. :)

So what? He's got a new job at ESPN, he's got a story to offer backed by his knowledge and experience, and Wake is the best of the new wave of pass rushers. He just doesn't fit neatly into the usual boxes because of his history and age. He's an awesome story of success and perseverance, and if JT altered any criteria for Wake to fit into a category that he thrives in, so be it and more power to him.

I love it! We got a phin fan on the panel now! Hahahahahahaha.

Anybody got the Vegas over/under sack total for Cam this season?

15 sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom