Javonte Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Javonte Williams

I believe it to be highly unlikely Harris will be available at 36. I realize that the first RB didn’t come off the board til 32 last draft, but talents as well rounded as Najee (and with his size) don’t tend to last long. I’ll bet he’s taken somewhere between 17-32. The last half of the 1st round.

And whenever the 1st RB is taken, it’ll start the run. Because teams will get spooked that the other 2 top guys won’t last much longer.
I mean last year's RB class was pretty damn good.

Jonathan Taylor, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Deandre Swift, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins.

Miami can probably get away with not taking a RB at pick 18.

I just have a gut feeling that Miami is going to wait until the 2nd Round to look at running backs. Think Williams will still be on the board but Harris and Etienne will be long gone.

Looking at the past, Grier tends to not invest premium picks at the position. I think Drake was the highest in recent memory and he was taken in the 3rd round.

Yes, they were all pretty good. But as prospects go, they were missing something.

Taylor had well documented ball security issues. CEH is undersized. None of the others were 6-3 230 either. (I really liked Dobbins)

Players that size that are also excellent in the pass game are more highly sought after. Yes, Najee doesn’t have elite speed but neither does CEH.

CEH went 32 last draft and is 5-7 215.

Najee is a much larger version of CEH. And a superior blocker.

He’ll likely go well before 32.

My favorite RB last year, taking into account where you could Draft him was Cam Akers.

He went a little earlier than i would have hoped but he sure played well for LAR.

Williams could be that 2nd round guy this year.

What is disgusting and inexcusable is Grier drafted a worthless CB ahead of all those RBs. Iggy will never be as good a football player as those 5 backs. Just idiotic.

What is disgusting and inexcusable is Grier drafted a worthless CB ahead of all those RBs. Iggy will never be as good a football player as those 5 backs. Just idiotic.
It is wrong to write the kid off after his rookie year.

He has tremendous athleticism and could show significant improvement over the course of the nest year or two.

I still think he ends up being a player given some patience.

I'll be perfectly honest. I like Javonte a good bit but I really really like his backup Michael Carter.
Very different types of RB's but i like them both too.

What is great about them both is that neither was overused as they shared the ball at UNC.

I am taking Williams ahead of Carter though.

Very different types of RB's but i like them both too.

What is great about them both is that neither was overused as they shared the ball at UNC.

I am taking Williams ahead of Carter though.
understandable. My RB #1 is Kenneth Gainwell but I do love Carter. I just don't know how necessary a 3 down back is anymore in today's NFL. I feel like teams over draft trying to reach for those types when they aren't really necessary.

It is wrong to write the kid off after his rookie year.

He has tremendous athleticism and could show significant improvement over the course of the nest year or two.

I still think he ends up being a player given some patience.
He would have been an OK pick in the 3rd round. Not in the 1st when there are 20 better players available. His play this year was horrible. Thats reality

He would have been an OK pick in the 3rd round. Not in the 1st when there are 20 better players available. His play this year was horrible. Thats reality
And if you are drafting with only the players rookie season in mind you would be right.

The league is full of good players who struggled as rookies.

The kid is not dead.

Back
Top Bottom