JAVONTE WILLIAMS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JAVONTE WILLIAMS

As everyone knows, I have been singing his praises all year and believe he is the most NFL ready RB in this draft and an ideal fit for the MD. In full disclosure I’m also a UNC grad so I admit to being a little but of a homer, but this kid is legit. I watched every game he’s played and I have no doubt the impact he will have. We have to get him early in the second if we don’t sign someone like Aaron Jones. Excellent read.

why did he suck against Western Carolina (3 rushes for 8 yards)and Notre Dame (11 for 28)

This is the guy, IMO. No way in hell am I taking a RB as high as 18th overall, so Harris is out of the question. Not sure Etienne makes it to 36. Williams is exactly what we need, and we have decent complimentary pieces in place in Ahmed and Gaskin.

If we draft one early he's my favorite too
The canes safety's are still seeing butterfly's from some of the hit he gave them :bobdole:

What I like most about Williams is the level of violence he brings when he plays.

I didn't know much about him before the FSU game this year, but he didn't have a great game and I still came away impressed.

He's someone you can trust to consistently get around 4 yards per rush and keep you on schedule with the sticks and hand off to in short yardage/goal-line situations.

I remember the same thing being stated about Henry when he was in the draft. Many people thought he was too tall at 6’3“ and ran too straight up to have success in the NFL. Yet his height and running style certainly hasn’t hindered him at all. Harris is actually an inch shorter than Henry and appears to
have the ability to juke defenders similar to what smaller RB’s are capable of doing.

That being stated, I would have no issue with the Dolphins taking Williams in the draft instead of Harris. I think they both will be excellent running backs in the

I remember the same thing being stated about Henry when he was in the draft. Many people thought he was too tall at 6’3“ and ran too straight up to have success in the NFL. Yet his height and running style certainly hasn’t hindered him at all. Harris is actually an inch shorter than Henry and appears to
have the ability to juke defenders similar to what smaller RB’s are capable of doing.

That being stated, I would have no issue with the Dolphins taking Williams in the draft instead of Harris. I think they both will be excellent running backs in the NFL.
Najee is soooo big but soooo nifty! He's in a class by himself and will be an outright stud in the pros!
If somehow we miss on Harris, Javonte is definitely a beast running down hill and will complement Gaskin.

Anyone but Aaron Jones at this point. No more FA RB's please Chris Grier.

I'm ok with taking a day 3 back, adding someone like James Conner in FA on a cheap one or two year deal and then doing what ever it takes to draft Isaiah Spiller in 2022. Spiller seems like the second coming of Adrian Peterson.

Back
Top Bottom