Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay ajayi......."get on the jay train"

I am starting to like Duke.

would be kinda cool to have two Miami RB's lighting it up.

I just can't see drafting a RB. Too many other holes to fill and we have a 1000 yard back and another young back in Williams that started to show a lot. Sign a FA vet and maybe sign an UDFA and see if he pans out. Address RB next year if needed.

Duke is a talented runner.....but he doesn't have the J-train's size (220 pounds).....nor is he very good at pass pro.

Ajayi isn't very good in pass pro either. Watched his game against Ole Miss at the beginning of this year and he got run over a lot...actually every time he was in pass pro. It was ugly.

Duke has more speed, elusiveness and acceleration.

[video=youtube;-79F4GN0tck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79F4GN0tck[/video]

I'd be good with Ajayi in the 2nd, and I'd love him in the 3rd - though that seems unlikely.

We haven't had a tackle breaker in years....I see him possibly being there into the 3rd round.

Love Gurley but hate drafting runningbacks with damaged knees.

I like your train of thought, he's the type of back that fits what we need. We need a compliment to Miller, I love Duke but he isn't the type of compliment we should be looking for. We should be looking for a wrecking ball with 3rd down capabilities. I've done most of my RB homework and the guys that fit that mold are Todd Gurley, Jay Ajayi, Mike Davis, Josh Robinson, David Cobb, David Johnson and maybe Langford and Artis-Payne. My top target, since I'm probably waiting till round 4 is Josh Robinson, he's aptly nicknamed bowling ball, and he's exactly the compliment for Miller I'd be looking for. Low center of gravity, capable receiver and stout enough to be a solid pass protector. Really like Robinson. David Johnson is another interesting guy, but I've heard he could go between rounds 2 and 4 and that's too rich for me. He's an absolutely amazing receiver out of the backfield, has great size to hold up in protection, but he doesn't excite me as a runner at all, he's a better pass catching Lorenzo Tallafero with less power. In round 5 I'd definitely be looking at him, but doubt he gets there. All the guys I've mentioned carry grades in the top 4 rounds from me, except Artis-Payne.

I like how he runs, has really good balance and body control and deceptive speed. Looks like he turns to that spin move whenever he's in trouble, which could be a problem in the pros. Also for as big as he is it seemed that a portion of the time he was brought down in the second level by an arm tackle at his legs.

I'm on record saying I would rather have Duke, but that's probably because I'm a homer. I'm also tired of letting talent out of our back yard. I want Perryman for that reason.

We haven't had a tackle breaker in years....I see him possibly being there into the 3rd round.

Love Gurley but hate drafting runningbacks with damaged knees.

That's how San Francisco ended up with Frank Gore in the 3rd round of the draft.

that's also how they ended up with the south carolina kid lattimore who hung em up this year

Two very different injuries though. Lattimore was basically shredded his entire knee if I recall…tearing several ligaments and maybe even dislocating the knee cap. Dustin Keller type injury. It was also his second major injury.

There would certainly be some risk with Gurley never being the same…but I think its more likely he comes back good as new. He won't make it out of the 1st

Back
Top Bottom