Jay Cutler best pro? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler best pro?

Bigjbizzle2

The Legend
Reaction score
Shame on the 35% of you that voted for him. What exactly has he done to make anybody say that. Could it be that he is the current espn darling. Cuz this dude is not in the same class as Matt Lienart. He might have a bigger arm but he throws to many pics and tries to live off his arm strength by forcing throws way to often.

Bigjbizzle2 said:
Shame on the 35% of you that voted for him. What exactly has he done to make anybody say that. Could it be that he is the current espn darling. Cuz this dude is not in the same class as Matt Lienart. He might have a bigger arm but he throws to many pics and tries to live off his arm strength by forcing throws way to often.

In your opinion, do you think Leinhart benefitted tremendously from the fact that he was in the same backfield as two other first round talents, and had two first round talents on his offensive line? Do you think that Leinhart would have forced more throws and thrown more picks if he was trying to single-handedly win every game he was in? I'm trying to find a game this year where USC rushed for under 60 yards - can't find one. With regard to Young, when I read (on reputable sites) that some scouts are very wary of Young struggling as a pro, and that they are hesitant to endorse him as a sure thing because the team that drafts him will basically have to build their system around him (a la Vick), isn't that reason enough to be skeptical? Not to say that Cutler will be better than those two, but it seems reason enough to include him in the conversation.

Thats your opinion. And everyone has one of those. There is no right or wrong answer. Shame on you for suggesting there is.

Pro potential is NOT entirely-based on college production.

Matt L. may be the most pro-ready QB in the draft but his arm strength is NOT anywhere near Cutlers.

Everything thing else is coachable, you just can't coach arm strength.

NorFlaFin said:
Pro potential is NOT entirely-based on college production.

Matt L. may be the most pro-ready QB in the draft but his arm strength is NOT anywhere near Cutlers.

Everything thing else is coachable, you just can't coach arm strength.
Many people think arm strength is overrated, including myself. Coaches can't teach Kyle Boller's physical skill, but he has yet to have a big year.

djfresh47 said:
Many people think arm strength is overrated, including myself. Coaches can't teach Kyle Boller's physical skill, but he has yet to have a big year.
True, but you could also attribute that to coaching.

SpeedRush99 said:
True, but you could also attribute that to coaching.
I actually think Boller can be a good Qb, but he was the best example. I actually think it's because he can't stay healthy. I just don't buy the hype Cutler is getting, he's got value at 16 but if someone takes him in the top 10 it'll be a huge reach.

Bigjbizzle2 said:

Good God you people come out of the woodwork from everywhere. :shakeno:

It is yet to be seen who belongs in whose "class".
When your dealing with prospects graded at similar value levels no one knows for sure not even scouts or coaches.

Leinart could bomb and Cutler could be the cream of the class. Cutler and Leinart could both bomb. Cutler and Leinart could both become all pros.

Silly posts.

djfresh47 said:

I agree that arm strength is overrated if it's being considered alone. Any single trait is overrated without a balance of others.

Your looking for a package of physical and mental skills that can give a hint to a prospects chances at excelling at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
djfresh47 said:
I actually think Boller can be a good Qb, but he was the best example. I actually think it's because he can't stay healthy. I just don't buy the hype Cutler is getting, he's got value at 16 but if someone takes him in the top 10 it'll be a huge reach.

Thats what I'm saying. Boller has the right tools and could be good in the right system with the right coach.

Back
Top Bottom