Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

UCF Nation

Active Roster
Reaction score
Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington 25m25 minutes ago
Here’s where it gets interesting: I’m told Cutler is interested in delaying TV gig to play for Gase but it’d need to be starting job/money.

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington
Dolphins could slow play Cutler decision since they are only team, I’m told, Cutler would consider leaving his TV gig for at this point.

Jeff Darlington‏Verified account @JeffDarlington
Dolphins could slow play Cutler decision since they are only team, I’m told, Cutler would consider leaving his TV gig for at this point.

Yea the money is gonna be the big sticking point.

Don't think for one second that Tannenbaum and Grier weren't trying to roll over that free cap we have left.

Hard to give that up for a QB rental and honestly how much of a difference in W/L record would Cutler provide over Moore?

Cutler won't sign if he isn't guaranteed a start. Kaep might even if he backs up Moore.

If not Kaep though who backs up Moore? All of the options kinda stink as it is.

I'm warming to Osweiller.. he and Gase sing each others' praises, he was successful during Adam's tenure, and barely more than a year ago, on the basis of his Denver work was in demand by Houston, and more significantly, a guy named Elway who knew him best and knows a thing or two about QB'ing. Probably would be a cheap acquisition we would not have to guarantee a starting job to.

I think he's the best option. He knows the system which is a huge advantage over anyone else. Cutler would be getting the best receiving core he's likely had since Denver which so long as the Dolphins win the jump balls could be a productive passing game. With Ajayi they can be a run first team. The move makes more sense to me than bringing in Kap who would need to learn the offense.

Cutler.... absolutely not

Kaep is a much better player

Not sure about that. Kaep can kill you with his legs, but is a mediocre passer at best. Cutler is about a pure of a passer as you can get. He throws a lot of picks with his gunslinger mentality, but he can sling it. And he knows this offense. Honestly tho, these are two guys I would have no problem signing.

I'd take Kaep. Just PLEASE have him cut that fro. Some folks can pull it off. Not him. He looks cringe worthy stupid with it. But I'd take him as a player.

Back
Top Bottom