Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

RT will eventually decide to have surgery otherwise he risks missing next year as well--the instability is not going to fix itself. Our running game and D must carry us for us to have a chance this year.

No way this D has enough to count on consistently let alone carry us. We might of made some improvements but its not going from one of the worst Ds in the league to one of the best this year.

So let's just give an out of shape, retired QB with little motivation to play a boatload of money. Which will affect our ability to sign free agents next year, including Jarvis Landry. Let's sweeten the deal to $15 million per year and see if it's enough to coerce Cutler to play the best football he has ever played. Does this make any sense?

So let's just give an out of shape, retired QB with little motivation to play a boatload of money. Which will affect our ability to sign free agents next year, including Jarvis Landry. Let's sweeten the deal to $15 million per year and see if it's enough to coerce Cutler to play the best football he has ever played. Does this make any sense?
If we were going to do that, Cutler would be signed right now. The process is slow so I take it Miami is making sure they get what they want for the amount they want or else they will move on.

Also, I think Gase has shown although loyal he is not willing to lure friends and players he had coached with a brinks truck if he isn't super comfortable with the support. After all, his livelihood is at stake.

I'm not sure if it will or how it will affect out future financial situations, but they fact that we're trying to coax someone out of retirement, someone who no one wanted and had to retire, someone who is well known for an IDGAF attitude, someone who is a very sloppy QB and is well known for making bonehead decisions with the football, someone who ended last year on IR b/c they had to have surgery on their throwing shoulder, is BS.

I don't care how much he knows Gase's offense, it's a foolish move.

I'm not sure if it will or how it will affect out future financial situations, but they fact that we're trying to coax someone out of retirement, someone who no one wanted and had to retire, someone who is well known for an IDGAF attitude, someone who is a very sloppy QB and is well known for making bonehead decisions with the football, someone who ended last year on IR b/c they had to have surgery on their throwing shoulder, is BS.

I don't care how much he knows Gase's offense, it's a foolish move.

Still seems like a realistic chance that it won't happen :)

Cutler's performance under Gase really wasn't that impressive. In other years Cutler made a lot of really big plays and made a lot of really big mistakes. Under Gase Cutler seemed to make a lot less really nice plays but still made enough mistakes to prevent them from winning because

Cutler only had oneplayoff appearance his entire career, and that was with a perennial winner in Denver and a team in Chicago that had a defense better than anything we've fielded in 30 years and he still could only make the playoffs once.

Hes made the playoffs twice, which is still infinitely better than our starter, so this might not be the right team to bring that up in. And I wouldn't call Denever "perenni winners." They had a pretty long stretch of not being good.

Hes made the playoffs twice, which is still infinitely better than our starter, so this might not be the right team to bring that up in. And I wouldn't call Denever "perenni winners." They had a pretty long stretch of not being good.

Cutler and his teams have made the playoffs just once in '10.

If I could step on the other side of the fence, Jay didn't have Adam there with him for all those years as well.

True. Although, peering back on the other side of the fence you just came from, the Cutler & Gase combo didn't make the playoffs either.

Many other factors go into that but it's still the case.

True. Although, peering back on the other side of the fence you just came from, the Cutler & Gase combo didn't make the playoffs either.

Many other factors go into that but it's still the case.
You are correct bro, but there is no telling how far they could of went of they would have remained working together.

Cutler and his teams have made the playoffs just once in '10.

Correct, I misspoke. He's played in 2 playoff games. But my underlying point remains the same. Hard to use that as justification when we were planning on going with a QB with 0.

Back
Top Bottom