Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

Mando also said Cutler was told Tannehill will not return this season.

Armando Salguero says Tannehill suffered more damage to the acl.

Basically, surgery or no surgery, Ryan will be out for a loooooong time. :cry Hence the Cutler news.

Get better, Ryan.

And they didn't just magically get good again when he left.

Well they also had Josh McDaniels afterwards who was in over his head (at the time) as a head coach. You know, the guy who spent a first round pick on Tim Tebow.

Well they also had Josh McDaniels afterwards who was in over his head (at the time) as a head coach. You know, the guy who spent a first round pick on Tim Tebow.
My only point is to try to blame Jay Cutler for all the Broncos problems is crazy. It was his 2nd and 3rd year in the league he put up better numbers than Tannehill ever has.

My only point is to try to blame Jay Cutler for all the Broncos problems is crazy. It was his 2nd and 3rd year in the league he put up better numbers than Tannehill ever has.

Numbers? Sometimes you have to throw them out.. I remember being afraid of Jay Cutler so much when we thought we had nobody who could cover Brandon Marshall in 2008. We put Jason freaking Allen on Marshall all game and Cutler threw the game away with three interceptions. So, so many times he could have won the game, and he singlehandedly lost it. As many of us have been saying over and over, the numbers simply aren't telling the full story with Cutler. That's why a former "franchise QB" hit the market in his low 30's and nobody wanted to sign him and he retired.

Numbers? Sometimes you have to throw them out.. I remember being afraid of Jay Cutler so much when we thought we had nobody who could cover Brandon Marshall in 2008. We put Jason freaking Allen on Marshall all game and Cutler threw the game away with three interceptions. So, so many times he could have won the game, and he singlehandedly lost it. As many of us have been saying over and over, the numbers simply aren't telling the full story with Cutler. That's why a former "franchise QB" hit the market in his low 30's and nobody wanted to sign him and he retired.

Of course they don't tell the full story, but it doesn't mean they are meaningless. And sure, let's throw numbers aside. Cutler has displayed more pocket presence and natural feel for the position as a 2nd year QB than Tanny ever has to date. And this is coming from a Tanny supporter.

I'm not saying Cutler is some great option, but we're wearing our aqua glasses if we really think Tanny has proven to be in a class above Cutler at this point in his career. Now I thought he would ekevsfe and take a big step up this year, but that was still just speculation on my part.

Matt Moore's career rating is 82, a bit of a drop off, but he's also the only one of the three to have a winning record as a starter and that's because Cutler and Tannehill (before last year where he improved) have flat out played some of the worst situational football I've ever seen from a QB to take wins off the board. That's the real problem with looking at QB rating and passing stats alone.

Ya stats alone, Matt Moore is a career back up for a reason.

Cutler has won playoff games and almost got to the SB.

Matt Moore's limits show on the field where Jay can make any play.

I truly believe this could workout. There's plenty of reasons.

I love that Cutler is a gunslinger which will help Devante. He gives his receivers a chance at least

Game, not games. Jay Cutler has only made it the playoffs only one season ('10) and was a part of only one postseason win.

I love RT but that's still more than he has or we have as a franchise in 20 years lol

Trust me, I'm taking this Jay cutler thing by stride but I don't think it's the worst thing ever.

I think his style is a nice aggressive change for us.

With the talent around him, he should do alright as in 17-21 tds and 12-15 ints. Hoping the lower

Moore is simply too limited. Cutlers been a starter for 10 years for a reason.

His arm talent is unmatched and regardless coaches need to be confident their QB can make every throw.

I dont believe Moore can. His out routes look like they are tied to a balloon they float so much

I love RT but that's still more than he has or we have as a franchise in 20 years lol

Trust me, I'm taking this Jay cutler thing by stride but I don't think it's the worst thing ever.

I think his style is a nice aggressive change for us.

With the talent around him, he should do alright as in 17-21 tds and 12-15 ints. Hoping the lower

Moore is simply too limited. Cutlers been a starter for 10 years for a reason.

His arm talent is unmatched and regardless coaches need to be confident their QB can make every throw.

Gase limited Cutler in Chicago. That's why we get to hear this repeated narrative that "Cutler had his best season under Gase". They were run heavy, with a short to intermediate passing game laden with screens and the utilization of the TE. He also had a good handful of dropped INTs. Not to mention a mere 21 passing TDs as well.

And let's be real, we all know that if Rt had remained healthy he would have had the playoff experience box checked of just as well.

Gase limited Cutler in Chicago. That's why we get to hear this repeated narrative that "Cutler had his best season under Gase". They were run heavy, with a short to intermediate passing game laden with screens and the utilization of the TE. He also had a good handful of dropped INTs. Not to mention a mere 21 passing TDs as well.

And let's be real, we all know that if Rt had remained healthy he would have had the playoff experience box checked of just as well.

Ya Tannehill made the playoffs, I never argued that.

I haven't looked into his season outside of numbers and 21 and 11 would surely make the playoffs for us.

So you think our season is doomed it sounds like?

Ryan Tannehill is a better quarterback than Jay Cutler and in my opinion it's not even remotely debatable.

However, Jay Cutler is healthy and can play football in 2017. Ryan Tannehill is not healthy and is not going to be able to play football in 2017. That's why Jay Cutler was brought in. No other reason.

I'm hoping for a great season from Cutler and I think this signing was probably the best move for the team, all things considered. However, I think people are jumping the gun a little bit about what Cutler brings to the table vs what Tannehill does.

I think it's interesting that people seem to have missed what is going on with the perception of Jay Cutler. I see this guys interview and I hear former teammates and Gase and they see a different guy. I have watched a few games with him in Chicago and I know exactly how the perception was created. Jay is a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. He allows his emotions to be perfectly obvious. When you are a leader the ship is never sinking. Not on the Football field and not on the sideline. You have to bite your lip and present a never die attitude or everyone else will follow you down that hole. These guys want to win. They are on a mission. You can't let them down. I know that had to be difficult in Chicago. The guy has talent. Seems like a really nice guy. He will have to stay optimistic when adversity hits. All eyes will be watching him. Hopefully a new environment and a little more maturity will help add leadership to his other talents.

It can't be a coincidence that Yahoo had it first at $13 million. And the "free dinner" guy. Not sure what all the back and forth and rubber arm twisting was about over the following few days though.

Back
Top Bottom