Jay Fiedler Welcomes Josh Rosen To Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler Welcomes Josh Rosen To Miami

Fiedler was no where near good enough. But that JJ/Wanny early 2000’s defense is easily the most overrated unit in this franchise’s recent history.
That defense spit up all over itself in every big spot it was ever in. I loved some of the guys on that defense like Zach, JT, Madison, Surtain, etc. but collectively, that defense always came up short.

I was there. Great game! It was eerie though. Right after 9/11. Most of us got a little antsy every time we heard a plane fly by.

No it wasn’t after 911. It was December 30th 2000.... 9 months before 911.

It was after the World Trade Center bombing in the early 90’s?

I agree that he overused Ricky, but Ricky quitting was because Ricky wanted to smoke weed. Wanny’s just being used as an excuse. Ricky liked weed more than playing football. Is what it is. The only regret I have in the whole thing was burning his jersey only for him to come back later.(Leaving me wishing I had a number 34 jersey)

It was far more complicated than just wanting to smoke weed.

That defense spit up all over itself in every big spot it was ever in. I loved some of the guys on that defense like Zach, JT, Madison, Surtain, etc. but collectively, that defense always came up short.

lol. Championship defense that always folded in big games. That's not championship defense.

Pretty much. That defense was amazing in Sept and Oct for the most part and faded quick down the stretch. Every. Freakin. Time. If an OL (Hi Kevin Mawae) got to ZT we'd get gashed with the run and if the pass rush didn't get to the QB that man press would eventually break down. That defense got pushed around by bigger, more physical teams.

Jay wasn't a great QB but he gave everything he had every week and was/is a very good person.

No it wasn’t after 911. It was December 30th 2000.... 9 months before 911.

It was after the World Trade Center bombing in the early 90’s?
He was talking about the game against the Raiders that Fiedler won late with a QB keeper TD, not the playoff game. It was the the first Sunday the NFL returned after 9/11.

Jay Fiedler is a great person and was a gritty player. If only he had a better arm when he was our QB. He gave it everything he had as a player though so I admire that.

Back
Top Bottom