Jay Fiedler Welcomes Josh Rosen To Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler Welcomes Josh Rosen To Miami

Lamar carried the entire team on his back that day and literally 11 colts.

Of course his tank was empty the following week.

And the next season, too. He fell off that next season if I remember right. Wanny ran everything Lamar Smith had left in his tank that game.

Average yes, but did nothing? The “Jay Fiedler has ice running through his veins” game against the Colts is still our last playoff victory.

Yea...I guess he had to be chilled,while handing off to Lamar Smith on all those carries...

Same. I've always liked him. We played smart football in that era. There aren't many examples of that for this franchise after the '70s
One of the more under appreciated Dolphins of the last 20 years. He wasn’t great, but Fiedler was a battler. I always liked him too.

He wasn’t the greatest talent, but Jay played with heart. I respect him. He certainly put up with a lot from the haters.
i just was on lunch today and they had miami vs the jets on nfl network from 2000 i only saw a few plays but jay through 2 nice passes 1 for a td----- talk about blast from the past i remember watching that game---sad to say we lost----dam Testiveri ///

Speaking of Fieldler, the NFL Network is playing the Monday Night Miracle now. It’s making me sick watching it.

And the next season, too. He fell off that next season if I remember right. Wanny ran everything Lamar Smith had left in his tank that game.

Good thing he learned his lesson with Ricky Williams. You know, the same guy he traded two first-round picks for and decided to use him for half of his offense? God, what a terrible coach he was.

I liked Fiedler more than most. He would have been appreciated a little more if he didn't follow a legend. Lacked the measurables but was overflowing with grit and was a really underrated athlete.

Good thing he learned his lesson with Ricky Williams. You know, the same guy he traded two first-round picks for and decided to use him for half of his offense? God, what a terrible coach he was.

Seriously. Everyone was completely shocked and reeling when he abruptly retired, but I remember reading the headline and and not being as surprised as I should have been and thinking immediately that it was because he didn’t want to get ground into the dirt again. Those were some terrible offenses outside of Ricky.

Seriously. Everyone was completely shocked and reeling when he abruptly retired, but I remember reading the headline and and not being as surprised as I should have been and thinking immediately that it was because he didn’t want to get ground into the dirt again. Those were some terrible offenses outside of Ricky.

Those years were insane. Wanny wouldn't think twice to handing off to Ricky 35....40+ times a game. I think his average per rush went from 4.8 in 02 to around 3.5 in 03. He was being completely used and abused. I was with ya...not surprised when he retired right before camp in 04.

Same. I've always liked him. We played smart football in that era. There aren't many examples of that for this franchise after the '70s

Jay Fiedler was hot garbage that wasted a championship caliber defense and an 1800 yard season from Ricky Williams

I agree that he overused Ricky, but Ricky quitting was because Ricky wanted to smoke weed. Wanny’s just being used as an excuse. Ricky liked weed more than playing football. Is what it is. The only regret I have in the whole thing was burning his jersey only for him to come back later.(Leaving me wishing I had a number 34 jersey)

Fiedler was no where near good enough. But that JJ/Wanny early 2000’s defense is easily the most overrated unit in this franchise’s recent history.

Jay Fiedler was hot garbage that wasted a championship caliber defense and an 1800 yard season from Ricky Williams
Fiedler was actually playing good football before he broke his thumb that season. His injury, and the subsequent deployment of Ray Lucas, is what ultimately ****ed us over that year.

I agree that he overused Ricky, but Ricky quitting was because Ricky wanted to smoke weed. Wanny’s just being used as an excuse. Ricky liked weed more than playing football. Is what it is. The only regret I have in the whole thing was burning his jersey only for him to come back later.(Leaving me wishing I had a number 34 jersey)

Lol didn't know you talked to Ricky. Cool.

Back
Top Bottom