Jay Glaser said this morning... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Glaser said this morning...

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Here are Jay Glaser's comments from the Fox Sports Morning Extravaganza this morning:

Everyone would like to trade down in this year's draft, but no one is biting.

He specifically addressed the 49'ers and Dolphin's picks, and that the 49'ers are very interested in Smith, and will likely only take Rodgers or Edwards if they can't work out a deal with Smith.

He called the Tampa Bay draft pick trade up with Miami total BS, as Tampa is perfectly content with their draft position and see no difference between the #2 and #5 in this year's draft.

The only potential trade ups he could fathom would be from NE or Philly...he said everyone else wants to trade down.

He said conventional wisdom around the league has Miami forced to draft at #2, and that Ronnie Brown is the Dolphin's pick at that spot.

Ronnie Brown is the Dolphin's pick up because of the tremendous stigma at the running back spot that Miami had following pothead's departure.

He said Dolphin's personnel expressed to him that they were more impressed with Rodgers workout, but that Linehan has been really pressing for a QB and still prefers Smith.

The only way the Dolphins will not take Ronnie Brown w/the #2 pick is if Smith drops, which may create some interesting decisions for the Dolphins.

A caller then asked Jay how anyone would succeed at the QB or RB position behind the Dolphin's pathetic OL (a question I asked on this board within the last week). Jay's response was that the Dolphin's offense was run so "screwy" last year that the line looked far worse than it was, and that the new offense and Houck should make a substantial difference up front.

Very interesting... Only one thing is for sure in this draft... there is a lot of uncertainty.

I agree that the poor handling of the offense made it look considerably worse than the players we have should have looked.

Yeah, like Saban is going to allow Dolphin "personnel" to tell Jay Glaser anything of merit. Like the other so called "experts", he has no clue as to what Miami will do. But he has to write something so he comes up with this.

Thanks for the info. So, according to this, if SF takes Rodgers, we take Smith. Is SF takes Smith, we take Brown, right?

phinman1 said:
Yeah, like Saban is going to allow Dolphin "personnel" to tell Jay Glaser anythin of merit.. Like the other so called "experts", he has no clue as to what Miami will do. But he has to write something so he comes up with this.

It was a live interview, not an article. I have no reason to believe that scouts don't communicate a little with some reporters after an evaluation...especially when said reporters are right there watching the evaluation as well. I am sure nothing overly specific is stated, but an off the cuff remark about who's workout looked best doesn't seem out of the question to me :gossip:

bdmagnum said:
Thanks for the info. So, according to this, if SF takes Rodgers, we take Smith. Is SF takes Smith, we take Brown, right?

Not necessarily. He made it sound as if Brown is the sure fire pick right now, but if San Fran passes on Smith, the decision will be much tougher to make and we could pick either.

He does basically narrow it down to Smith or Brown for the Dolphin's #2.

Wow, the most informative commentary I've seen in several days. Sounds as if Saban has a leak to fix.

wow he actually knows whats up with that last comment, it was our coaching last year that was our biggest flaw... our whole offensive coaching staff and schemes were ****ed up...

like ive said 234234 times on here... if we had tihs coaching staff with the same exact team from last year we would have won at least 8 games... i truely believe that...

also i dont see why the tampa trade would be BS if they really want a QB, if anyone really wants that QB we are the team that they need to trade with, with the consensus being 49ers and cleveland would take those first 2 QBs if the order doesn't change... so a team would have t ojump ahead of cleveland... im still hoping tampa or arizona makes that happen...

A caller then asked Jay how anyone would succeed at the QB or RB position behind the Dolphin's pathetic OL (a question I asked on this board within the last week). Jay's response was that the Dolphin's offense was run so "screwy" last year that the line looked far worse than it was, and that the new offense and Houck should make a substantial difference up front.

I'm tellin ya',the coaching was more of a problem then the talent last year,that and injurys. Teams fans and the league think we stink! Thats fine, look past us. We could have two or three wins from that kind of thinking. We have made so many key coaching changes that we only need time to get on the same page before this thing takes off. I love how the fans of the other AFC east teams think last year was the norm for us. But in reality it's just wishful hoping on their part. We will be talking some smack in our division this year. We may not win a playoff berth but we will turn some heads and raise some eyebrows. Most rival fans won't admit it, but they fear the Saban hire and all thats come from the coaching change.

Sure, I'm being a homer and probablly overly optomistic, but I think we will make the playoffs. We were in every game last year, with a few plays going our way, we win a lot of them. Our team is actually very talented and with the coaching staff we have, we will win a lot of games. I don't give s*** who thinks different, but our team is not that bad.

TGall13 said:
Sure, I'm being a homer and probablly overly optomistic, but I think we will make the playoffs. We were in every game last year, with a few plays going our way, we win a lot of them. Our team is actually very talented and with the coaching staff we have, we will win a lot of games. I don't give s*** who thinks different, but our team is not that bad.

:sneak:

For once we are under the radar. No SB BS talk. Let's enjoy it.

"Walk this way...." (Igor) :sneak: :sneak: :sneak: :sneak:

Back
Top Bottom