Jay Glaser said this morning... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Glaser said this morning...

I completely agree with Glazer's assessment of the O-Line. The blocking schemes were ridiculous last year. They did more Reach-blocking than any team I've ever seen in the NFL. That type of blocking is almost impossible against big/fast DT's. That's why our interior O-Line looked worse than expected last year.

James was much more efficient in Carolina b/c their blocking scheme called for more drive-blocking (i.e. blocking down on the DL witha beneficial angle) and pulling/trapping back against the odd man. McKinney does have the tools to be a good Center (he has unbelievably quick feet for a Center), but he's not big enough to stop a big DT when he has to reach block - and not many C's in the NFL can make that block (i.e. Mawae can't do it against the Buffalo DT's), but they're not asked to do it often, so they don't look as bad. Tim Ruddy was great at it b/c he had a little more size than McKinney, great first-step quickness and also had ridiculous upper-body strength. Ruddy was one of the most underrated Centers in the NFL during his prime.

arsenal said:
also i dont see why the tampa trade would be BS if they really want a QB, if anyone really wants that QB we are the team that they need to trade with, with the consensus being 49ers and cleveland would take those first 2 QBs if the order doesn't change... so a team would have t ojump ahead of cleveland... im still hoping tampa or arizona makes that happen...

According to Glazer, there is a perception that there is little value difference between anyone in the first dozen or so picks, therefore, moving up 3 positions with a heavy trade just doesn't have much appeal. He said Tampa Bay is perfectly content with the BPA at their current top pick and is not pining for a QB the way rumors would indicate. I'm sure some/most of that comment is speculation, but it certainly makes sense to me.

An interesting comment by Glazer that I didn't include in my original post was his conversation with Nolan of San Fran about Antrell Rolle. Nolan had Rolle come out *just so he could meet him*, because, in his words, "it's just exciting to meet a player with that much drive and skill". Nolan feels Rolle is the next Ed Reed, and probably the most exciting player in the draft. Apparently, the Niners are drafting for need and not BPA, because Nolan admitted there was no way they could pick him. Interesting stuff.

This is excellent news if several teams are interested in drafting QB's in round one.

interesting info, I wonder though if Glaser took into consideration the cost of TB moving up 3 spots with the number of picks gruden has this year and gruden's preference for veteran's and "his" type of QB. Gruden love's QB projects (see Bobby Hoying) and the cost would'nt be too stiff, I not as sure the trade will happen as some others on this board but I would'nt dismiss as BS either...

Back
Top Bottom