Jay Glazer - Dolphins are in trade talks with teams for Kenyan Drake | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Glazer - Dolphins are in trade talks with teams for Kenyan Drake

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team sell off practically all of their young promising players in one season... I know I’ve never seen a successful team do it.

I mean if the opportunity presents itself to pick up an asset over letting a guy walk in the offseason for nothing, the former makes much more sense.

If Miami has one thing it needs to accomplish this season, its getting snaps to any and all players who will be here past this season.

I really don’t believe Drake fits that criteria, and the team has rostered like 6 running backs.

That said, it needs to be worth our while. Some people have called this offseason a “fire sale”, that is bad terminology, this has been an ebay auction, with the minimum reserve set at a value that equates a win for the organization . . . As teams bid over that reserve, the better it is for us.

You better believe that just as the Dolphins are finally tanking the NFL decides to do something about it and punishes us. Thar would be soooo Dolphins lol

Wouldn’t happen until the collective bargaining agreement is settled on. So a few years. And I wouldn’t necessarily be against it. Don’t care either way.

Not sure why we would move Drake.....good player and cheap at this point.

It would be a complete disaster. The NFL will use it as an excuse to implement a draft lottery for the benefit of markets like Los Angeles and New York.

Just a month ago, people on this very forum insisted that an NFL team would never tank, it couldn't happen, that would be soooo unethical. Competitors aren't wired that way. An owner and GM would never build a team to fail. Anybody still think that? You see where I'm going with this?

Nope! I see a team doing what it needs to do by the rules currently in place. Just like the Patriots take advantage of the rules everyday.

Also where are the boys at who said we aren't tanking? Anybody? Bueller? Anybody?

Guilty as charged! But I don't think this changes anything, it's more of the same plan. Coach and players will try to win on the the field every Sunday, and the executed plan from the front office (dumping salaries and hoarding picks) makes that damn near impossible this year.

Back
Top Bottom