Jay Hating will is going to end up coming back to haunt us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Hating will is going to end up coming back to haunt us

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
The level in which the Hating has evolved has made Wanny and Speil realize that in order to stick around they are going to have to do something about the QB.

This Jay hating is hurting us get RIVERS at #20.

To even think about taking Ramsey and give up the First Rd. Pick is terrible. That is a drastic move and IMO the wrong one. I would rather take Jay for one more year and have RIVERS waiting in the wings.

If we want to go drastic then do something to get Eli. Hell SD and Ariz may not want either Eli or Ben.

The point is that it looks like Wanny and Rick are on the verge of making a change for the point of changing not for the sake of a real, substantial improvement.

Completely disagree. They're trying to make a change because the status quo is woefully inadequate.

Ramsey, Brunell......total upgrades.

Rivers, Henson......odds are they'll be upgrades.

I may sound like a hippocrite as much bad things that I have said about Fiedler but if we have to get rid of our 20th for Ramsey I'd rather have Fiedler back and draft Rivers because the way I see it Fiedler is better as a leader than Ramsey but who knows people play different with different teams. But I doe agree with you Dolfan4life.
Who am I to say I not a professional.

Originally posted by Noland
I may sound like a hippocrite as much bad things that I have said about Fiedler but if we have to get rid of our 20th for Ramsey I'd rather have Fiedler back and draft Rivers because the way I see it Fiedler is better as a leader than Ramsey but who knows people play different with different teams. But I doe agree with you Dolfan4life.
Who am I to say I not a professional.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

I am probably the lone Dolphin fan out there who still wants Fiedler starting next year, UNLESS, we can land Patrick Ramsey. The kid has it all, except the kind of mobility that I would call a luxury and not a requirement.

Patrick Ramsey has shown a whole hell of alot more then David Carr or Joey Harrington, and there is absolutely no reason to think Philip Rivers or Drew Henson will ever outperform Patrick Ramsey on the football field. His arm is as good as it gets in todays league. That is a fact.

There is a reason he was a league leader in passing until he was getting hurt left and right. And there is an even better reason he was getting hurt all the time.....and thats worse OL play then even Miami's in 2003.

Ramsey doesn't need to sit or be "groomed" like those other QB's. Pat won't make rookie mistakes, Pat can not only win now, he can fulfill his potential now, something those other guys can't do for 2 maybe 3 years.

And lets not even get into money, cause Ramsey will cost us about 4 million bucks in salary over the next 3 seasons, should we be lucky enough to land his services.

And all that is coming from Jay Fiedler's biggest supporter.

I just think it is better to keep Fiedler and groom Rivers if we get him i think he could be good. I know Ramsey is good but he has'nt proved that much to prove he is worth our 20th pick. IMO he is not that much better than Fiedler. I am not a Fiedler fan there is just somethins that will work out better than that deal.

I would rather have Rivers, but there is no guarantee and Miami's trying to play the odds.....I don't think he is currently much better then Fiedler, if at all, however he does have more "potential" to be better....that and a lower cap # makes him attractive.

If we can get Rivers (his stock seemed to shoot up the past couple of weeks) I would rather have him. Hell, depending on what happens tomorrow and what people think....I may end up favoring Henson after reading through different reviews of him. His trainer (I forget his name, Kennan or something) has worked with various pro-bowl QBs such as Elway etc. and says Henson has it all.....so.....I'll wait until tomorrow evening....

The more I see things about Henson the more I like him I still rather have Rivers as you all know but Henson does have a good attitude. If not Rivers I would be happy with Henson.

Rivers and Henson are at the top of my list however if Pat is really that good...then id be happy with him. I know absolutely nothing about Patrick other than the fact he got injured by Jason Taylor in our sunday night game. One question though...if hes injury prone then do we really want another Jay Fiedler? who hasnt played every game of the season since he first started?

he was sacked thirty times(jay was sacked 19 in one more game played), that wont happen in miami. our line may be bad but our schemes will be better and he'll have options over the middle (mcmike), wide (chambers), in the flat (konrad and ricky) plus hell have a stacked box and ricky running the ball, plus any rookies/fas we add to the equation... sure it wasnt enough for fiedler to get the job done, but ramsey is talented

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
he was sacked thirty times(jay was sacked 19 in one more game played), that wont happen in miami. our line may be bad but our schemes will be better

The sacks don't tell anywhere near the whole story. Jay knows how to avoid taking sacks, and while he might've been sacked 19 times, that doesn't automatically reflect well for the OL.

Back
Top Bottom