Jay is one game away | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay is one game away

Originally posted by inFINSible
justasecond justaf*ck, I was justakidding you justamoron....Or is it justasarcasm that you justadon't get?
Back at you!

LMAO....so was I infinsible....so was I. lol!

Marino also thought...

... Huard was a better QB than Fiedler. I'm not sure Marino outside of him playing GREAT football always knows what he's talking about when it comes to football. He lets his personal biases get in the way. Marino was and is so egotistical he felt he had the right to name his successor in Huard. He’ll always bash Fiedler, because Fiedler ain't his guy. That’s just the plain and simple truth.

Oliver...

Originally posted by justafan
Feidler is still average. Turner makes him look beter than he really is. Marino said it himself, Fiedler is not the one to take the Fins all the way.

Re: Re: Jay right now and the Jets next week.

Originally posted by jack

if some want to give all the credit to Jay because of stats that are greatly influenced by the other O player performances - then that is OK too - but we all really know why football is the ULTIMATE TEAM SPORT.

the same could be said to the opposite... I think the point here is that the so called "Jay bashers" have a tendancy to put all the blame on Jay because of stats that are greatly influenced by the other O player performances...

Guy sits only week two seems like people are going overboard either way, for Jay or against him. I am hoping he can continue int his direction after a few more weeks when teams begin to figure out some of our game plan. Then if jay still domintaes or doesnt throw ints then i am all for Jay, and we can spend a draft pick on oline next year and maybe trade lucas this summer, Rosenfels is no slouch!

This thread is too good - I just have to chime in!

Marino was AND still is a megalomaniac (I think that's how it's spelled). In any event, I propose that he, in all actuality, KILLED the Dolphins by making them the one-dimensional team that they were with him under center. Oh, and I don't want to hear all the crying about how we never had the running back to take us there. BULLSH*T! We had more than our share of backs that were, at least, good enough.

And in any event. What killed all those Marino led teams was his TITANIC EGO that felt he could constantly prove to the world what gigantic balls he had by trying to thread the ball through double and triple coverage. ONE GAME (though I could pick dozens) illustrates this weakness perfectly. The '85 AFC Championship game vs. N.E. Yes, that defense really sucked. But Marino's three INT's didn't help, either. And neither did Shula's play calling. Which brings me to another point.

Shula had a responsibility to keep Marino's head from expanding into the stratosphere... and he failed at that. As coach, Shula HAD TO keep hold of the reins. And he didn't. That's why Elway has two rings and Danny ZERO!

Elway was erratic as hell for the first few years but he worked on his sh*t, much like Favre had to under Holmgren (sp.?) and other quarterbacks, too. Marino had no such supervision. After Strock left... that was it.

Want one reason why Jimmy didn't have the success in Miami that he had in Dallas? Marino. Right there.

Really, I'm so tired of always hearing about what a GOD quarterback Marino was. Same as everyone goes on about Manning now.

The smart qb is the patient qb. The qb that wins knows when and HOW to wait. Just ask Montana.

Now there's a starting point for talk about a true champion.

My .02

Let the flaming begin. :p

I think that's a part of it...

... Marino did everything he could to make sure there was never a rushing attack while he was here. The Dolphins rarely practiced the run during the practice week. If you don't practice something how are ever suppose to be good at it?

I think the lack of talent at HB had more to do with it, but Marino played his part in it as well, IMO.

Oliver...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Marino was AND still is a megalomaniac (I think that's how it's spelled). In any event, I propose that he, in all actuality, KILLED the Dolphins by making them the one-dimensional team that they were with him under center. Oh, and I don't want to hear all the crying about how we never had the running back to take us there. BULLSH*T! We had more than our share of backs that were, at least, good enough.

And in any event. What killed all those Marino led teams was his TITANIC EGO that felt he could constantly prove to the world what gigantic balls he had by trying to thread the ball through double and triple coverage. ONE GAME (though I could pick dozens) illustrates this weakness perfectly. The '85 AFC Championship game vs. N.E. Yes, that defense really sucked. But Marino's three INT's didn't help, either. And neither did Shula's play calling. Which brings me to another point.

Shula had a responsibility to keep Marino's head from expanding into the stratosphere... and he failed at that. As coach, Shula HAD TO keep hold of the reins. And he didn't. That's why Elway has two rings and Danny ZERO!

Elway was erratic as hell for the first few years but he worked on his sh*t, much like Favre had to under Holmgren (sp.?) and other quarterbacks, too. Marino had no such supervision. After Strock left... that was it.

Want one reason why Jimmy didn't have the success in Miami that he had in Dallas? Marino. Right there.

Really, I'm so tired of always hearing about what a GOD quarterback Marino was. Same as everyone goes on about Manning now.

The smart qb is the patient qb. The qb that wins knows when and HOW to wait. Just ask Montana.

Now there's a starting point for talk about a true champion.

My .02

Let the flaming begin. :p

Damn, this is the best yet. You guys are unreal. Now Marino was the downfall of the Dolphins.

I suppose Barry Sanders was the downfall of the Lions. A lot of top players in many team sports never won a title. John Elway couldn't pull it off either until the emergence of Terrel Davis.
I've been holding off on making Fiedler comments but this thread....... UNREAL!

Amazing how times change.

Dan Marino never had a Defense, A tailback or an offensive coordinator with a brain half as innovative as Norv Turner.

Yes Fiedler will have a good year but a lot of it will have to do with Norv's system and the constant threat of big Ricky tearing through the line.

Come on guys, I've laid off the anti Fiedler stuff how bout laying off of the Fiedler is the best QB in the league stuff. That way we can meet in the middle and enjoy what looks like a very good year for the Fins.

next thing you finfans are going to say is that Rob was the Bills' downfall........ Wait a minute he was!

next thing you finfans are going to say is that Rob was the Bills' downfall........ Wait a minute he was!

:lol: :lol:

Actually, while that is funny, it would be more accurate comparing the statement to this one: Jim Kelly is the reason the Bills never won the super bowl... sorry, but I find both statemnst ridiculous. The fact that Dan was so prolific, may have something to do with the fact that Shula tended to use him as a crutch... but to say he was the downfall? I'm just not buying that one....

Originally posted by WharfRat

:lol: :lol:

Jim Kelly is the reason the Bills never won the super bowl... sorry, but I find both statemnst ridiculous. The fact that Dan was so prolific, may have something to do with the fact that Shula tended to use him as a crutch... but to say he was the downfall? I'm just not buying that one....

This is funnier wharf.....Kelly owns Marino. Marino was not the downfall of the fins during his time. Kelly and the bills were. :lol:

This is funnier wharf.....Kelly owns Marino. Marino was not the downfall of the fins during his time. Kelly and the bills were. :lol:

Kelly did have the Dolphin defense's number when they played... but I was unaware that Marino played defense... :confused: which would be the only way Kelly could have "owned" him...

If it makes you feel any better, let me rephrase that.....

The bills were the downfall of the Fins during Marinos time.!!!!

But who cares , that's all in the past. I'm just playin w/ ya.

I just can't wait and see how Fiedler will do against Winfield and Clements. RW may still get his nos. against us, hopefully we can make the fins one dimensional.

Don't start cheering yet finfans, you only played the Lions and The Colts who both don't have much of a D.

I wasn't aware?

... there was a down fall when Marino was QB?

I also agree with Justafan, the Bills had a lot to do with the Dolphins not making into the play-offs and then once they did get in the play-offs not being able to get very far into the play-offs. I may hate the Bills, but they sure were a GOOD team in the late 80's and early 90's. They suck now though.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Damn, this is the best yet. You guys are unreal. Now Marino was the downfall of the Dolphins.

I suppose Barry Sanders was the downfall of the Lions. A lot of top players in many team sports never won a title. John Elway couldn't pull it off either until the emergence of Terrel Davis.
I've been holding off on making Fiedler comments but this thread....... UNREAL!

Amazing how times change.

Dan Marino never had a Defense, A tailback or an offensive coordinator with a brain half as innovative as Norv Turner.

Yes Fiedler will have a good year but a lot of it will have to do with Norv's system and the constant threat of big Ricky tearing through the line.

Come on guys, I've laid off the anti Fiedler stuff how bout laying off of the Fiedler is the best QB in the league stuff. That way we can meet in the middle and enjoy what looks like a very good year for the Fins.

If it makes you feel any better, let me rephrase that.....

The bills were the downfall of the Fins during Marinos time.!!!!

I can live with that...

As for this years games... I think ALL of the interconference games will be good ones... for instance, you guys should have beaten the Jets... you certainly outplayed them (ironically, the seem to beat us even though we ouplay them too)... but each of the 4 teams in the AFCE are capable of beating the others "on any given Sunday"... I'm looking forward to the Phins-Bills game... it's gonna be an exciting game!

Back
Top Bottom