Jaylen Waddle ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle ?

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So, I am seeing mocks with Waddle going top half of the first round.
Where do you folks see as Waddle's highest value- which pick?
I have seen him some, but not a lot. I think people like the idea of pairing him with Tua.
Just curious where his value is.

12-19 range, depending who has which picks.

There is going to be a log jam of teams with 3-5 wins this year, I believe. Strength of schedule is going to be ultra-important come April.

I suspect we will probably have a shot at him with OUR first. He would be in play for Miami but all depends on what more premium positions have a comparable talent.

WR and Center are the only offensive positions I see as possible first round candidates for us, without us moving into the back end of the round with Houston's 2nd to have a 3rd first rounder. Which is where I like Devonta Smith and Rondale Moore, as our third selection of the draft.

Last edited:
Two points I've tried to get across regarding Waddle for a long time:

[1] Might be the best offensive player in the country.

[2] However high he goes in the draft - it wasn't high enough.

His double move cannot be covered. All an elite DB can try to do is grab him when he runs by.

Plays like he's 6'3", 220. Dominates at the catch point with his 40" vertical and rare ball skills. Toughest receiver in the country. Fearless.

Everything he does is a wow play. Talents like him don't come along very often. He's all football player.

I want us taking him with the houston texans pick. I dont care if we have to trade up for him. To me there aren't many better football players in college football right now. With the rules in the NFL right now he wont be stopped.

His double move cannot be covered. All an elite DB can try to do is grab him when he runs by.

Plays like he's 6'3", 220. Dominates at the catch point with his 40" vertical and rare ball skills. Toughest receiver in the country. Fearless.

Everything he does is a wow play. Talents like him don't come along very often. He's all football player.

This makes me feel better. I thought maybe I’ve over rated him a bit.

I don’t see him going past 10, I think he finishes top 5 in heisman.

Reading this makes me want to see a reunion with Tua even more :hclap:

He may be working his way into being the 1st WR off the board with Chase sitting out.

He is a top 10 pick right now.

Generally that would be too rich for me but I would have to see who else is on the board and what trade offers were out there.

What would you say his weaknesses are? I've seen him dog it on run plays and with blocking assignments but that might have been a couple bad examples. I know I don't watch him as much as a Bama fan such as yourself since I believe you mentioned you watched Tua in practice before. How does he practice?

I think like 10 and on...

Dude is just what this offense needs speed and playmaking...

What would you say his weaknesses are? I've seen him dog it on run plays and with blocking assignments but that might have been a couple bad examples. I know I don't watch him as much as a Bama fan such as yourself since I believe you mentioned you watched Tua in practice before. How does he practice?

Only weakness I can find is he's around 50% Acinonyx jubatus. In other words, he's only half cheetah.

All Bama's wide receivers block. Waddle blocks his ass off. I can show you some plays from the second half of that Georgia game last week where Waddle was blocking soon to be getting paid in the NFL cornerback Eric Stokes into the white paint on Devonta Smith's screen passes. I'd probably have to see some examples of dogging it in order to comment on that.

Speed, elusiveness, acceleration, hands, concentration, versatility, toughness, route running, character, leadership, dependability, single covered, double covered, underthrown balls, overthrown balls, 50/50 balls....it don't matter. Jaylen Waddle nearly scores a 10 out of 10 on all of it.

I was going to say 10-20 range, but I trust Pachyderm_Wave's evaluation on Jalen Waddle. I think if Miami misses out on Waddle, Alabama's teammate Davonta Smith would be a nice plan B. Anthony Schwartz of Auburn is very interesting. Would love some feedback there. I've seen him projected late 2nd/early 3rd, but with his speed, I think Schwartz could sneak into round 1. He's said to be a 4.22 guy and that speed shows up on the football field. Auburn uses him on a lot of end arounds, where he's made a lot of big plays.

Like Pach says there really are no weaknesses.

Chase is as good and he is bigger but that is no knock on Waddle.

1st or 2nd WR off the board or I will be very surprised.

And this group is looking every bit as good as last years highly regarded class.

Back
Top Bottom