Jaylen Waddle ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle ?

Tua and Smitty developed chemistry together early when they both got on campus while Waddle was still in high school. The only real difference between Waddle and Smitty is the special teams return boost that Waddle provides.

In terms of hands, route running and body control, there is nobody better than the Golden Gazelle - DaVonta Silky Smooth Smith. We actually had him playing DB some in camp before the season in case of emergency. He’d be an elite DB also if he was on that side of the ball.

It’s difficult to really grasp how good and how important both of em are to the program. They are elite young people. Two of my favorites that have ever worn the uniform.
Both are exactly what Miami needs at WR, too. Smith is THE guy for me in 2021. Separates with ease, catches everything, high-end awareness and attention to detail. I've seen people knock his speed, but I have zero concerns there, having seen him run away from a 4.3 CB.

Both are exactly what Miami needs at WR, too. Smith is THE guy for me in 2021. Separates with ease, catches everything, high-end awareness and attention to detail. I've seen people knock his speed, but I have zero concerns there, having seen him run away from a 4.3 CB.

Welcome back J-off.

Welcome back Dude!!! You've been missed around here. Hope all is well Brother "J"

I’ve been on the Devonta Smith bandwagon since last season. Been touting him as a potential Fins draft pick for over a year. Waddle has been gaining steam among many Dolphins fans. I don’t dismiss that choice either. Love Waddle too.

But there’s just something about Devonta Smith to me. I’d love to have him.

Big +1 from me. I wouldn't complain at all about picking Waddle over Smith - love both and understand the reasoning to favor Waddle, but Smith is always open, and he always makes the catch. He's also a big-play machine. You can say a lot of the same things about Waddle, but while Waddle plays with an extra gear, Smith plays with an extra sheen. Either would fit perfectly in Miami.

Big +1 from me. I wouldn't complain at all about picking Waddle over Smith - love both and understand the reasoning to favor Waddle, but Smith is always open, and he always makes the catch. He's also a big-play machine. You can say a lot of the same things about Waddle, but while Waddle plays with an extra gear, Smith plays with an extra sheen. Either would fit perfectly in Miami.

I’d be very ok with Ja‘Marr Chase too. Any of the three. But I think I kinda like Devonta Smith the best, regardless of how the experts actually grade them out.

Rashod Bateman would be great as well.I would be happy with any of the top 4 depending on where they were taken of course.

I think I like the top 4 better than last years class, although last year may have been a deeper group.

Rashod Bateman essentially got shut out by Noah Igbinoghene aside from one gimmick catch on a pick play. I'm not sure he's a true 1st rounder. He's got some N'Keal Harry to him in terms of consistency issues within his tape week in and week out.

Last edited:
Just an update for those interested - Waddle's recovery is going quite well and there's a chance he could even play again this season if he chooses. He's having his cast removed this week. Although if I were him I'd probably just sit this out.

He'll be ready to go for whatever team is lucky enough to get him.

Just an update for those interested - Waddle's recovery is going quite well and there's a chance he could even play again this season if he chooses. He's having his cast removed this week. Although if I were him I'd probably just sit this out.

He'll be ready to go for whatever team is lucky enough to get him.

I want this kid in MIami.

That speed, that explosiveness and his ability to go up and get it.

Back
Top Bottom