Jaylen Waddle ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle ?

Thankfully your not in charge.
Because a stud playmaker hurt his ankle? If the value is there you roll the dice. Did you support drafting Tua after the hip?

I guess your good with that project CB we drafted with a 1st round pick. This damn franchise has put too many resources into the OL and it might finally pay off. Now we need guys that can affect the scoreboard. I don’t know if Grier knows what a playmaker looks like.

Last edited:
Because a stud playmaker hurt his ankle? If the value is there you roll the dice. Did you support drafting Tua after the

Yes to be both.

I’m not rolling the dice with the 6th or 7th pick in the draft. I’m looking for the surest thing to help in front 7 on defense, just like our front office will be doing.

If and when this team just needs playmakers, they can add them easier than any other position.

I want Ja’Mar Chase, Jaylon Waddle, Rondale Moore and Devonta Smith on my football team too but not at the expense of players that more directly effect the outcomes of games.

I guess your good with that project CB we drafted with a 1st round pick. This damn franchise has put too many resources into the OL and it might finally pay off. Now we need guys that can affect the scoreboard. I don’t know if Grier knows what a playmaker looks like.
I am yes, because he’s a former WR learning a more important position. I’m pumped to have Noah.

Your concerned over some missed assignments from him when he had virtually no off season? Lol.

i am sorry a hit on ANY position in the 1st round is a hit especially for this franchise that whiffs on way too many. We better draft a playmaker with one of these 1st rounders or this GM needs to be fired.
Ya, tell that to all the teams that have drafted WRs in the first round over the last 15 years.

Let me know when you find one that won a super bowl. Closest thing you will find is a washed up Demaryius Thomas in 2016.

Melvin Bratton will always be the cautionary tale. Ready for the NFL and blew out his knee in his very last game.

If he'd only come out the year before.

Every college player has to consider this possibility, especially if they are highly ranked as Bratton was at the time. A lifetime of earnings... a house for your mother... never have to work again vs. looking tough for the boys.

Ya, tell that to all the teams that have drafted WRs in the first round over the last 15 years.

Let me know when you find one that won a super bowl. Closest thing you will find is a washed up Demaryius Thomas in 2016.
Julio Jones should be wearing a ring. Hey but other than QB you can say that about a lot of positions, DE, CB, RB, etc...

As for the last 15 years the Pats have dominated with NO position seeming to have bearing but the one that had former 1st rounder Randy Moss might have been their best team ever 18-1.

But having said that I love Parsons and would love that pick. I would be good with Rousseau but think he has bust potential.

Last edited:
In general... I resist taking offensive weapons early in the draft until other needs are met, but there has to be a balance... and you have to be a bit more willing to spend on WRs and RBs when you have a young QB... which we obviously do.

Yes to be both.

I’m not rolling the dice with the 6th or 7th pick in the draft. I’m looking for the surest thing to help in front 7 on defense, just like our front office will be doing.

If and when this team just needs playmakers, they can add them easier than any other position.

I want Ja’Mar Chase, Jaylon Waddle, Rondale Moore and Devonta Smith on my football team too but not at the expense of players that more directly effect the outcomes of games.
I am not faulting you’re logic as much as the results this franchise has shown. We drafted DeVante Parker in the 1st round along with others such as Harris (DE), Misi (LB), Odrick (DT). Who is the best player in this scenario? Throw in Minkah and Wilkins in there to. Our BEST player drafted in the 1st is a WR and guess what we still have our GM. Never mind don’t want to get that pot stirred.

Julio Jones should be wearing a ring. Hey but other than QB you can say that about a lot of positions, DE, CB, RB, etc...

As for the last 15 years the Pats have dominated with NO position seeming to have bearing but the one that had former 1st rounder Randy Moss might have been their best team ever 18-1.

But having said that I love Parsons and would love that pick. I would be good with Rousseau but think he has bust potential.
Rousseau scares me too. Are 2019 canes games available to watch anywhere?

I’m good with Parsons, he’s safe. I’m looking for the most unblockable defender possible.

My ideal scenario is Parsons 5-7ish, Creed Humphrey 16-19ish.

I’m holding out hope for the 3rd pick. That would be the jackpot for us at this point. I think a lot of people don’t realize the type of prospect Justin Fields is. I’m guessing most GMs already know. Someone is trading up for him.

Lawrence, Sewell, Fields will be 1-3. But to whom?

Rousseau scares me too. Are 2019 canes games available to watch anywhere?

I’m good with Parsons, he’s safe. I’m looking for the most unblockable defender possible.

My ideal scenario is Parsons 5-7ish, Creed Humphrey 16-19ish.

I’m holding out hope for the 3rd pick. That would be the jackpot for us at this point. I think a lot of people don’t realize the type of prospect Justin Fields is. I’m guessing most GMs already know. Someone is trading up for him.

Lawrence, Sewell, Fields will be 1-3. But to whom?
Top 3 pick would be amazing. Anyway it goes I see Lawrence, Fields 1-2. I would be good with Parsons and Humphrey but really need to grab a WR with that 1st 2nd although an upgrade like Fiermuth at TE would not hurt my feelings.

What a horrible decision to go back when he had the money in the bank.

Chase, Rousseau, Parsons made big boy decisions.

I hope it doesn’t affect his career.

This is why you don’t play for free.

Not really. Waddle created more value for himself by playing than he lost by getting injured today. He had played his way into top 10 status - that wasn’t the case entering the season.

That’s why Saban tells these guys they can create value for themselves by playing. As long as they keep listening to him instead of the people advising them to quit on their team - Bama players will keep dominating the 1st round of the draft. The ones who choose to quit like Terrell Lewis and Trevon Diggs last year usually fall out of the 1st round.

Hopefully he’ll have a full recovery and a long career. It looks a lot like the same injury Kenyan Drake had to me, but won’t know for sure until they determine the extent of any ligament damage.

Only weakness I can find is he's around 50% Acinonyx jubatus. In other words, he's only half cheetah.

All Bama's wide receivers block. Waddle blocks his *** off. I can show you some plays from the second half of that Georgia game last week where Waddle was blocking soon to be getting paid in the NFL cornerback Eric Stokes into the white paint on Devonta Smith's screen passes. I'd probably have to see some examples of dogging it in order to comment on that.

Speed, elusiveness, acceleration, hands, concentration, versatility, toughness, route running, character, leadership, dependability, single covered, double covered, underthrown balls, overthrown balls, 50/50 balls....it don't matter. Jaylen Waddle nearly scores a 10 out of 10 on all of it.
Might be a dumb question given the above glowing post, but do you like Waddle the most out of the big 4 Bama had last year?

Might be a dumb question given the above glowing post, but do you like Waddle the most out of the big 4 Bama had last year?

It’s a close call for me between Waddle and Smitty.

As great as Jeudy was his hands could be unreliable. I watched him drop 4 perfectly placed sure touchdowns by Tua in big games against teams like Georgia and LSU. Hell I watched him drop passes in spring games.
Smitty always had the best hands out of all 4.

I compared Waddle to a faster David Palmer when he was coming out of high school. For someone like me, if you can stir memories of the Deuce - you’re pretty special. Ain’t many that can do that.

Not really. Waddle created more value for himself by playing than he lost by getting injured today. He had played his way into top 10 status - that wasn’t the case entering the season.

That’s why Saban tells these guys they can create value for themselves by playing. As long as they keep listening to him instead of the people advising them to quit on their team - Bama players will keep dominating the 1st round of the draft. The ones who choose to quit like Terrell Lewis and Trevon Diggs last year usually fall out of the 1st round.

Hopefully he’ll have a full recovery and a long career. It looks a lot like the same injury Kenyan Drake had to me, but won’t know for sure until they determine the extent of any ligament damage.
I have an issue using a top 10 draft eligible kid- essentially WR1 in the country- as a KR.
The argument “he has done for 3 years” doesn’t hold water for me. The argument- injuries can happen anywhere on the field - there is waste to minimIe risk.
Keep it for the 1st & 2nds, once you are JR - you’ve paid your dues.
He will never return a Kick at the next level.

Yes to be both.

Well said. So far, Miami is building the right way with the foundation picks on the offensive and defensive lines.

That's not always exciting, but that's how you win in the NFL.

Not against drafting Chase, Waddle or Smith but the Dolphins should focus on front seven players on defense. Build that strong foundation first.

Back
Top Bottom