Jaylen Waddle ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Waddle ?

Take Waddle with Houston's pick, if higher than ours (House money). Take who we would normally pick with our pick...I'm fine with a defender. If the defense continues to turn the corner...I'm fine with Humphrey.

2nd round we can talk the defense/foundation/cornerstone...blah, blah, blah.

Might as well give Tua every shot at being successful as early as possible.

Well said. So far, Miami is building the right way with the foundation picks on the offensive and defensive lines.

That's not always exciting, but that's how you win in the NFL.

Not against drafting Chase, Waddle or Smith but the Dolphins should focus on front seven players on defense. Build that strong foundation first.

Not saying it is a bad strategy but if Parsons is off the board I am taking Chase over Rousseau all day long. Just because you want to build lines does not mean the value is there. Can you build lines in the 2nd round on or later rounds. All the best teams seem to do it.

Always BPA, always. I am not concerned with “exciting” but yeah I sure as Hell wanted Swift or Taylor over the over drafted CB we took.

I have an issue using a top 10 draft eligible kid- essentially WR1 in the country- as a KR.
The argument “he has done for 3 years” doesn’t hold water for me. The argument- injuries can happen anywhere on the field - there is waste to minimIe risk.
Keep it for the 1st & 2nds, once you are JR - you’ve paid your dues.
He will never return a Kick at the next level.

I don’t have an issue with it. Kickoff returns and special teams plays count too. If Saban didn’t use some of his elite players in that role then Alabama doesn’t win the national championship the year Kenyan Drake won it against Clemson with a kickoff return TD.

Furthermore, you obviously don’t understand how bad Alabama’s punting situation is and how important field position and doing whatever you can to flip the field are.

If Waddle returns it for a TD then you’re all in here talking about how great of a play it was and how high he’s going to be drafted. He could’ve gotten hurt on any play.

Bottom line is if you can do a better job than Nick Saban, Alabama will make it worth your while I guarantee it.

Not saying it is a bad strategy but if Parsons is off the board I am taking Chase over Rousseau all day long. Just because you want to build lines does not mean the value is there. Can you build lines in the 2nd round on or later rounds. All the best teams seem to do it.

Always BPA, always. I am not concerned with “exciting” but yeah I sure as Hell wanted Swift or Taylor over the over drafted C

Always BPA, always. I am not concerned with “exciting” but yeah I sure as Hell wanted Swift or Taylor over the over drafted CB we took.
In the past Miami would select skill position players when the offensive line was seriously lacking. The Ronnie Brown pick comes to mind.

I think the team is at the point now where the offensive line is getting there. Miami could look wr or rb fairly early.

I still think Miami needs foundation players, but I would take Chase over some of the top defensive players.

Not really. Waddle created more value for himself by playing than he lost by getting injured today. He had played his way into top 10 status - that wasn’t the case entering the season.

That’s why Saban tells these guys they can create value for themselves by playing. As long as they keep listening to him instead of the people advising them to quit on their team - Bama players will keep dominating the 1st round of the draft. The ones who choose to quit like Terrell Lewis and Trevon Diggs last year usually fall out of the 1st round.

Hopefully he’ll have a full recovery and a long career. It looks a lot like the same injury Kenyan Drake had to me, but won’t know for sure until they determine the extent of any ligament damage.
Assuming minimal ligament damage, hows the prognosis for a broken ankle? Full recovery wise? I would think he would still have a lot of speed and quicks after recovering but who knows

Assuming minimal ligament damage, hows the prognosis for a broken ankle? Full recovery wise? I would think he would still have a lot of speed and quicks after recovering but who knows

Because a stud playmaker hurt his ankle? If the value is there you roll the dice. Did you support drafting Tua after the hip?

I guess your good with that project CB we drafted with a 1st round pick. This damn franchise has put too many resources into the OL and it might finally pay off. Now we need guys that can affect the scoreboard. I don’t know if Grier knows what a playmaker looks like.
I'll go out on a limb and say the books not closed yet on Igbinoghene yet...

Right only time will tell

In the past Miami would select skill position players when the offensive line was seriously lacking. The Ronnie Brown pick comes to mind.

I think the team is at the point now where the offensive line is getting there. Miami could look wr or rb fairly early.

I still think Miami needs foundation players, but I would take Chase over some of the top defensive players.
I think that was a different time.
I'll go out on a limb and say the books not closed yet on Igbinoghene yet...

Not closed but watching Swift and Taylor doesn’t make things better. Especially when we already had Jones, Howard and Needham at the position. The pick was not for need or BPA, pissed off on draft night and after watching him nothing has changed.

Not closed but watching Swift and Taylor doesn’t make things better. Especially when we already had Jones, Howard and Needham at the position. The pick was not for need or BPA, pissed off on draft night and after watching him nothing has changed.
Needham has been okay and may continue to develop but there is no way he dictates your draft strategy in the least. I love Howard's game but he's fought knee problems his whole career.

CBs in today's NFL are like LBs in the 70s and 80s. You cant have too many quality ones...especially ones that have the man skills that our coaches want for the scheme.

I wanted a RB in 1st or 2nd myself, and hopefully in 2021. I can appreciate the fo plan.

Broken ankles rarely hamper a player long term... Soft tissue damage, on the other hand, can end a career. Much like last year with Tua, the NFL scouts are going to want to see Waddle performing before they lay money on the table.

Broken ankles rarely hamper a player long term... Soft tissue damage, on the other hand, can end a career. Much like last year with Tua, the NFL scouts are going to want to see Waddle performing before they lay money on the table.

Exactly, Rondale Moore´s hamstring problems are a massive red flag but I wouldn't worry about Waddle with a broken ankle so much, fingers crossed.

My only concern with Waddle is if he has the same skill level as Chase, Smith and Bateman. I worry sometimes GMs focus too much on elite speed and end up over drafting guys like Ruggs (and John Ross) when Lamb and Jefferson are better players. But hey, I'll be as excited as anyone if we get him - if we have our Marino we'll need a Duper.

Exactly, Rondale Moore´s hamstring problems are a massive red flag but I wouldn't worry about Waddle with a broken ankle so much, fingers crossed.

My only concern with Waddle is if he has the same skill level as Chase, Smith and Bateman. I worry sometimes GMs focus too much on elite speed and end up over drafting guys like Ruggs (and John Ross) when Lamb and Jefferson are better players. But hey, I'll be as excited as anyone if we get him - if we have our Marino we'll need a Duper.
Back in the day, before money ruined baseball... I was a serious Reds fan. They had a player named Eric Davis. He might have been the most talented player I'd ever seen... Home Runs AND stolen bases... good defense too! But he was always... always battling hamstring issues. If he'd been sturdy, he's been one of the best players of all times, but he just wasn't. A broken bone or two, and he'd been fine, but his body betrayed him... injury prone doesn't even begin to describe Eric Davis... or Yatil Green...

Moore scares me... the same way that Tua does, and for the same reason. I'm just not convinced that either is structurally sound. If he's good, look out, but it might be a short ride.

Mostly true what all you wrote here. Although Waddle is a different cat. He’s not just a speed guy like Ruggs. Waddle is different.

I can’t think of any receiver that entered the league with worse hamstrings than Isaac Bruce. A few changes (and prayer if you believe in it like Bruce) and things like that can easily be overcome. That Rondale Moore is a player too now.

Back
Top Bottom