Jayson Oweh runs 4.36 40 as edge rusher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jayson Oweh runs 4.36 40 as edge rusher

Gatorboy999120

Active Roster
Reaction score
Oweh generated major buzz on Thursday, undoubtedly giving his stock the boost it needed after he didn't record a sack last season. At 6-5, 257 pounds, he blazed a 4.36 40-yard dash. His time didn't come as a total surprise -- NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah wrote earlier this month that a sub-4.4 40 was a possibility -- but he still amazed, even with the high expectations that were set for him.

He has great length, too, with arms measuring 34.5 inches at the pro day. He also showed explosiveness with a 39.5-inch vertical jump and a broad jump of 11 feet, 2 inches.

Oweh confirmed, as Jeremiah suggested he might, that he is the height-weight-speed freak of the spring.

Discuss.

parsons also ran a 4.39.

His production on the field seems a tad incongruent with those "freaky" numbers.

I guess that gets excused as "raw" but I thought they had legit coaching in big time college programs?

Not sure but something doesn't seem right!

His production on the field seems a tad incongruent with those "freaky" numbers.

I guess that gets excused as "raw" but I thought they had legit coaching in big time college programs?

Workout warrior for sure..those dont always work out if they film and play doesn't match!

The Micah thread led me to do some research and damn this guy has size and insane wheels.
Oweh (unless it's changed) is projected to go day 2 or 3.
Now, that's tricky. I say we don't risk it and grab him asap day 2. A 4.3 Edge reminds me of "The Freak" and he ran a 4.5.
I would love if we grab Oweh day 2.

This also concerns me. Freakishly athletic and recorded no sacks.
A few things could be a factor (didn't do a ton of research).
Factors could be: weak line and was focused.
Or, poor coaching.
Or, just fast can't utilize it.
I'd like to think that NFL talent scouts will figure it out but they seem to get it wrong a lot.

End judgement from the gut: worth taking a chance.

Last edited:
This also concerns me. Freakishly athletic and recorded no sacks.
A few things could be a factor (didn't do a ton of research).
Factors could be: weak line and was focused.
Or, poor coaching.
Or, just fast can't utilize it.
I'd like to think that NFL talent scouts will figure it out but they seem to get it wrong a lot.

End judgement from the gut: worth taking a chance.
Reading his scouting report, apparently his recognition skills are a little slow. Perhaps that's something he can improve upon?

Oweh hasn't been playing football very long.
Which by itself proves nothing other than "raw" and that means you'd draft this kid based solely on him being a "project." For me a kid with his numbers is pretty staggering -- but unproven is still unproven. I'd take that and immediately start discounting him into R3 or later. R3 if you're really bullish and somewhere like R5 if you're OK with the risk / reward being notably in your favor. Either way he's a roll of the dice per se.

He may go day 2 or sooner based on raw potential...but how often does a edge rusher run 40 yards? 😆
You'd be surprised how often edge rushers run down WR and TE that catch screens or in the flats.
Or simply running down RBs that reach the Edge.
Energetic, fast edge rushers are great play finishers.

You'd be surprised how often edge rushers run down WR and TE that catch screens or in the flats.
Or simply running down RBs that reach the Edge.
Energetic, fast edge rushers are great play finishers.
Yes..I get you..but that sounds more like a linebacker..first 10 is Probably more important for getting to the qb..plus strength and moves..if all you needed to do is be fast to play football well, all track stars could translate to football and dominate. Not the case!

He’s a top 2nd / back half of the 1st player, imo.

I think Miami has to give him a tough interview and test him a bit. If he looks like he can pick things up, it would be interesting to see what Boyer / Flores can do with someone that athletic.

Back
Top Bottom