Jayson Oweh runs 4.36 40 as edge rusher | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jayson Oweh runs 4.36 40 as edge rusher

He’s a top 2nd / back half of the 1st player, imo.

I think Miami has to give him a tough interview and test him a bit. If he looks like he can pick things up, it would be interesting to see what Boyer / Flores can do with someone that athletic.
On potential alone with that explosion and speed he has and those numbers he may go back of the first or even middle!

I generally think the NFL people are too good for this, but sometimes I do wonder if the superficial fan sentiment "BuT wHaT aBoUt SaCks" could actually leak into the evaluation process.

If that's the case, it's an opportunity you pounce on.

He was an elite level college pass rusher in 2019 but he wasn't a complete player. In 2020 he focused on becoming a more complete player and it brought his pass rush efficiency down, but it was still very good. Penn State also took advantage of his physical attributes and the amount of attention he draws to use him to free up other players.

It is very difficult for me to imagine anyone who has actually studied Jayson Oweh play football questioning whether he can rush the passer. I suppose anything's possible. But it's hard to imagine.

So his work against the run and in containment in 2020 should have been a much bigger positive proof of concept than the marginal decrease in pass rush productivity. Should have been. But I guess you never really know.

He’s a top 2nd / back half of the 1st player, imo.

I think Miami has to give him a tough interview and test him a bit. If he looks like he can pick things up, it would be interesting to see what Boyer / Flores can do with someone that athletic.
To me, that is the question. Are Oweh's weaknesses areas where coaching can help?

Instincts, recognition of plays etc.

His athletic tools are so phenomenal I think a team will take him in the 1st.

I think he's got a fairly low bust factor and I don't understand the people who think his bust factor is high. I think the people who believe his bust factor is high don't really understand the nature of boom-or-bust.

Those physical attributes typically put a higher floor under players. Not a lower floor. A higher floor.

I think he's got a fairly low bust factor and I don't understand the people who think his bust factor is high. I think the people who believe his bust factor is high don't really understand the nature of boom-or-bust.

Those physical attributes typically put a higher floor under players. Not a lower floor. A higher floor.
Need we remind you of Gholston?

Need I remind you of the one billion players who didn't have phenomenal physical attributes and who also ended up not belonging in the NFL?
Not saying he can’t be good..just saying he’s more athlete than elite football player right now..if he was so good wouldn’t he be being talked about all along as a top ten or top five pick and or borderline first or second rounder?
If speed was everything and that’s what is most impressive with him, every track star could dominate the nfl. Not the case.

you don’t know if he’ll be great Anymore than I know he won’t. So don’t act like you’re some genius! 😂 or you’d be Gm of some Team probably..not on this site with me

Not saying he can’t be good..just saying he’s more athlete than elite football player right now..if he was so good wouldn’t he be being talked about all along as a top ten or top five pick and or borderline first or second rounder?
If speed was everything and that’s what is most impressive with him, every track star could dominate the nfl. Not the case.

you don’t know if he’ll be great Anymore than I know he won’t. So don’t act like you’re some genius! 😂 or you’d be Gm of some Team probably..not on this site with me

I don't think genius is the qualifying criteria for being hired as a General Manager by some team.

Which gets straight to the point - what is the criteria....

Can he play TE?

These pro day numbers are inflated, I'm sure the dude is fast and he's obviously a freak athlete. But his lack of actual production on the field is concerning, I wouldn't touch him in the first and would be disappointed if we got him early 2nd too.

Back
Top Bottom