Jayson Oweh runs 4.36 40 as edge rusher | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jayson Oweh runs 4.36 40 as edge rusher

His production on the field seems a tad incongruent with those "freaky" numbers.

I guess that gets excused as "raw" but I thought they had legit coaching in big time college programs?

Not sure but something doesn't seem right!
Mike Mamula anyone?

I’d take Oweh with our 1st R2 pick but I think he’s gone late 1.

His freakish skills are enticing. He doesn't have great sack stats but his pressure rate is right there with Phillips and Ojulari, higher than Rousseau.

Oweh doesn't use his speed like he should. His technique is more run first and he has a tendency to give the OT his outside shoulder. As soon as he does, he neutralizes his own speed advantage. He also hurts himself with false steps/jab steps that gain him very little.

He's played football for 5 years.....junior/senior years in HS, then redshirted after 4 game his freshman year and had a limited season in 2020. In 2019, he split with Toney and Gross-Matos. His reps are very limited and his technique is just as limited, particularly his hands. If a team is patient with him and doesn't expect him to light the world on fire early, they could develop a steal here.

Phillips is still my guy. I'd take him R1, pending medical. But Oweh is more intriguing to me for this particular defense than several of the other edge guys out there.

I’d take Oweh with our 1st R2 pick but I think he’s gone late 1.

His freakish skills are enticing. He doesn't have great sack stats but his pressure rate is right there with Phillips and Ojulari, higher than Rousseau.

Oweh doesn't use his speed like he should. His technique is more run first and he has a tendency to give the OT his outside shoulder. As soon as he does, he neutralizes his own speed advantage. He also hurts himself with false steps/jab steps that gain him very little.

He's played football for 5 years.....junior/senior years in HS, then redshirted after 4 game his freshman year and had a limited season in 2020. In 2019, he split with Toney and Gross-Matos. His reps are very limited and his technique is just as limited, particularly his hands. If a team is patient with him and doesn't expect him to light the world on fire early, they could develop a steal here.

Phillips is still my guy. I'd take him R1, pending medical. But Oweh is more intriguing to me for this particular defense than several of the other edge guys out there.
Thanks for those details. I think Oweh is one of the more intriguing players in the draft.

But, I do agree a team will need to be patient. Could be the coaching staff in Miami can bring out his considerable talents.

You are actually saying Smith will be an out and out bust?

Just be sure you are around here in three years to take your lumps.
You don't know if he'll be all pro anymore than I know he'll be a bust.

But I do know Bama fans like some of y'all are the most "butt hurt" fans I've ever had the 'pleasure' of interacting with.

Names 5 Heisman Trophy winners who lived up to the Hype with HOF careers. I'll wait.

You don't know if he'll be all pro anymore than I know he'll be a bust.

But I do know Bama fans like some of y'all are the most "butt hurt" fans I've ever had the 'pleasure' of interacting with.

Names 5 Heisman Trophy winners who lived up to the Hype with HOF careers. I'll wait.

Derrick Henry
Derrick Henry
Derrick Henry
Derrick Henry
& Derrick Henry

Certainly none from Florida. 🤣

#NickSabanALLStars
#BuiltByBama
#GetSome
#ROLLETH

Doak Walker, Paul Hornung, Roger Staubach, O.J. Simpson, Tony Dorsett, Earl Campbell, Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders and Tim Brown. Charles Woodson

Guys stop making this stuff personal if you want to keep posting in this thread

Attack the post not the poster

That is the rule. Period
I feel for you brother..It must be like herding cats,sometimes...

I’m not a fan for our 2nd first round pick..simply don’t see the ability to do his job and track the ball at the same time often enough, there’s a lack of awareness I’m seeing, Does not multitask well..

I see too much..must beat man in front of me, then find ball, by the time he finds the ball it’s often to late..

Back
Top Bottom