Jazz/Blazers trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jazz/Blazers trade

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
Chad Ford is reporting that the Jazz have agreed to send the #6, #27 and a future #1 to the Blazers for the #3.

Ruben Patterson isn't going back to Utah in the deal, which makes the Blazers a loser here.

Wasn't there suppost to be players invloved in the deal?

I just wonder who the Jazz are wanting? :hmmm:

PhinDude88 said:
Wasn't there suppost to be players invloved in the deal?

I just wonder who the Jazz are wanting? :hmmm:

The Jazz didn't want anything, but the Blazers wanted to get rid of convicted sex offender Ruben Patterson and his contract, and the word was that they were insisting that anyone who jumped to 3 take Patterson off their hands. Apparently they caved on that demand. Why they didn't push harder to get rid of Patterson, I've no idea.

It sounds like the Blazers got the best of this deal....a 6, 27 and a future #1 for a #3 pick......Utah got fleeced.

I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with the NBA's draft "value chart", but does it seem the Jazz gave up a lot just to move up 3 spots? :confused: They must REALLY have their eye on somebody.

Crisis said:
Jazz must want Chris Paul bad.

they want Deron Williams, though they could end up with Paul. I still think the Hawks will/should take a PG, and the Jazz made this trade to get a PG, so Marvin could fall to the Hornets at number 4 (which would make Portland look real stupid.)

What I have been hearing on ESPNews and ESPN message boards is that the Jazz really want a PG with the 3rd pick and it will be either Chris Paul or Deron Williams. My guess is that Paul is #1 on their board.

Noodle Arm said:
I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with the NBA's draft "value chart", but does it seem the Jazz gave up a lot just to move up 3 spots? :confused: They must REALLY have their eye on somebody.

Unless I'm mistaken, no one's come up with the value chart for the NBA like they have for the NFL. But in this case, I think the Jazz got a better deal. They're probably getting Chris Paul at 3, and the dropoff after Paul/Deron Williams is pretty significant. It's especially important for Utah considering the Jazz are in pretty good shape at almost everywhere but point.

Meanwhile, the Blazers are still rolling the dice about getting their man Gerald Green, and pick up two low first round picks in the deal (this year's is #27, which admittedly has more value than usual because it's a deep draft, and the other is Detroit's 2006 #1, which is unlikely to be much better than the mid-20s). So the Jazz get a franchise point guard, while the Blazers get a high-risk, high-reward high schooler (probably), and a couple guys who figure to become decent rotational players but little else. And they failed to get the Jazz to take Patterson's contract and baggage.

ChambersWI said:
they want Deron Williams, though they could end up with Paul. I still think the Hawks will/should take a PG, and the Jazz made this trade to get a PG, so Marvin could fall to the Hornets at number 4 (which would make Portland look real stupid.)

This is yet another reason the Blazers made a dumb deal.

Well, expect to hear this:

"With the 3rd pick in the NBA draft, the Utah Jazz select...Deron Williams, point guard, Illinois."

Jerry Sloan loves that big physical point man who can pass with the best of 'em. And that's just what Williams is.

Which means, my hometown of New Orleans will be jumping for joy and getting collectively drunk because they get the man they wanted from the getgo, Chris Paul.

Back
Top Bottom