JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics)

Jonathon wants to know if you want him back writing reports, what do you say?

• Yes...

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No...

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I Don't Really Read Any Training Camp Reports...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Eat Glue...

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
JBrown (everyone please read)

this is not meant to start controversy, I just want to let people know that as with many reports, take JBrown's reports with a grain of salt. I am going to try to say this as nicely as possible; I was at many of the practices that JBrown 'reported' on, and I would say about 60 percent of his information is inaccurate. No, not inaccurate like difference of opinion kind of stuff, but things like saying Casey Roussel was booming 60-65 yard punts in full squad workouts and Mark Royals looks to be a step behind. ANY observer who was at camp on Monday could easily tell you that it didn't even look like a competition out there. Royals was looking outstanding, while Roussel's best punt traveled all of 35-40 yards. Second of all, saying that Jamar Fletcher had 2 INT's on Monday? that NEVER happened. Saying that Alonzo Mayes continues to be limied? Inaccurate, he's working in all of the drills now and looking quite good. That is just to name a few. I am not saying that JBrown is making all of this stuff up, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain why there are all of these inaccuracies and contradictions within his own reports (like giving players great grades while in the same post criticizing their performance). I have talked to JBrown and !I think he's a good guy so I just want something of an explanation.

Uh it seems like we should all just wait unti the next day and read it in the newspaper.

here are a couple more examples..

This is from Monday's afternoon practice which I attended..and here is some things JBrown had to say.

"Next is the Receivers, who are led by Chris Chambers, who had another spectacular practice"

No, no and no. Chambers didn't catch a SINGLE pass during team drills. I think he had a total of one bacll thrown his way. Don't believe me? Ask Ozzy..hardly spectacular.

Then there is Tight End, Randy McMichael looked well again and continues to wow coaches, as well as fans.

Many fans sitting around me and myself felt like this was the first practice where McMichael didn't see a single pas thrown his way, during team drills. He didn't wow anyone.

Jbrown it is becoming very, very clear to anyone that was at these practices that your reports, while entertaining, are not very factual, and are an accumulation of media reports, as well as your own opinions thrown in and turned into facts. That is fine, just make people aware of the fact that they are not insider, eyewitness rteports. Thank you.

Well I do like the eyewitness reports from our guys..I've wondered about a lot things..I quess that why I kept asking about A. Mayes..I knew the coaches wanted him in the mix..I though he was a good players who kept doing stupid things to get himself hurt and thus hurt his chances to make the team..

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
here are a couple more examples..

This is from Monday's afternoon practice which I attended..and here is some things JBrown had to say.

"Next is the Receivers, who are led by Chris Chambers, who had another spectacular practice"

No, no and no. Chambers didn't catch a SINGLE pass during team drills. I think he had a total of one bacll thrown his way. Don't believe me? Ask Ozzy..hardly spectacular.

Then there is Tight End, Randy McMichael looked well again and continues to wow coaches, as well as fans.

Many fans sitting around me and myself felt like this was the first practice where McMichael didn't see a single pas thrown his way, during team drills. He didn't wow anyone.

Jbrown it is becoming very, very clear to anyone that was at these practices that your reports, while entertaining, are not very factual, and are an accumulation of media reports, as well as your own opinions thrown in and turned into facts. That is fine, just make people aware of the fact that they are not insider, eyewitness rteports. Thank you.

Well I have nothing against him but I was thinking that my self.Some of the things he said don't go along with reports..Like Ricky Fumbling? No where on any of training camp report found on the newspaper said anything on that but since some one made a post he said Ricky seem to have fumbling problems and that he had made 2 fumbles the night before.In his previous report he said Ricky look good and didn't mention anything about any fumbles....Are your reports coming from you or you just collect info and put something together?*INTENDED TO JB*

Last edited by a moderator:
My reports? They come straight from me of course. I don't have a complex about gaining some sort of "fame" by having others rely on me. I just go to camp for myself and then give an update on the guys that aren't able to attend. JBrown does not have reporters as he claims, he doesn't go to camp...he just collects info, adds in his opinions as facts and posts them. Oh, Ricky did fumble twice on Tuesday..that is true..but then to emphasize his point he says that Ricky wasn't clinging the ball properly on Wednesday. What kind of crap is that?

Fins Finish Day 5 With No Injuries
Jonathan Brown July 30, 2002
My Afternoon Practice Take:
As for RB, Ricky Williams looks great making cuts and seems to be finding holes quickly. That's one thing I can say good about Ricky, he finds the holes quickly, if there isn't one he still pounds it in there for a gain. Unlike Lamar Smith, who last year would try and break it to outside and would most usually get stuck for a two to three yard loss.

Fins Have A Slow Day At Camp
Jonathan Brown July 31, 2002
As for Ricky Williams, he seems to be turning back to his old form, which isn't good. He seemed to not be gripping the ball well, as he proved it last night as well with two fumbles. Hopefully he will improve when Miami keeps doing stripping drills.

As you can see in his previous report doesn't mention any thing about Ricky Fumbling and in fact he says he looked "great".Also when I posted my report for Sunday,I notice some of the things he said that I didn't see out there..Is hard to attend to every practice and I understand your trying to something to benefit those who can't make it but Hey people reading it think you really were present at the practice.You are there eyes and ears.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
My reports? They come straight from me of course. I don't have a complex about gaining some sort of "fame" by having others rely on me. I just go to camp for myself and then give an update on the guys that aren't able to attend. JBrown does not have reporters as he claims, he doesn't go to camp...he just collects info, adds in his opinions as facts and posts them. Oh, Ricky did fumble twice on Tuesday..that is true..but then to emphasize his point he says that Ricky wasn't clinging the ball properly on Wednesday. What kind of crap is that?

No I'm was talking to JB ..

Oh ok! Perfectly said about the Ricky thing, since he wasn't at practice on Tuesday he assumed Ricky looked great as usual. Then, he read in the papers that he fumbled a couple of times, and come sout and throws that into his next report.

Very interesting developments here. Like to hear how JB responds.

NyRicky34

LOL..that Dolfan talk guy is me..but I live in NY and just fly down for a few practices a year. My reports are done for this summer as the rest of my stay in So.Fla will be on buisness and then i fly back Sunday night.

You are right, Curt and Ozzy provide GREAT reports!

I thought I recognized your name....

Whoops. Ok so I guess we get the Ozzy-Fennel-Fennel's Wife trio until we figure out this mess with JBrown.

I had a question though. The Sentinel or one of the players mentioned that Leon Searcy returned to practice on Wednesday after missing Tuesday. On Fennel's report it says that Searcy was limited but practicing. Fennel also seemed to suggest that Leon Searcy wasn't at camp until Sunday and wasn't practicing until Monday...On JBrown's report he reports that Searcy is like "Jekyl and Hyde" one day he looks like the pro bowler he once was the next day he looks like he shouldn't be there...and this report was written after Tuesday's practices...

So what I'm wondering is this. A) Was Searcy practicing before Monday? B) Did Searcy practice at all on Tuesday or was the newspaper wrong?

What a mess...

A.J. and I are looking into this, and will let you know what the deal is here.

CK I had to remove one of your posts because it violated our T.O.S. with the advertisment of a competitors site. While we don't have a problem with people visiting other sites, we simply don't allow them to be advertised on ours.

Yeah its the Sun-Sentinel...

they said here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...lbox080102.htmlstory?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Welcome Back

Guard Leon Searcy, who missed Tuesday with a sore hamstring, returned to practice on Wednesday.

So it seems according to the Sentinel that Searcy was not at practice on Tuesday due to a hamstring. The reason why I was confused is I don't know who to believe. If I'm to believe Fennel then Searcy wasn't at camp practicing until Monday. Then if I'm to believe the Sentinel he missed Tuesday's practice. Then if I'm to believe JBrown Searcy's been pulling a Jekyl-Hyde...but the only two days he could have done this are Monday-Tuesday, Tuesday which he missed according to the Sentinel, and Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday were days which Searcy was not even there according to Curt...

I've got a headache.

Searcy should have reported with the rookies and selected Vets, because he was coming off an injury year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom