Jeb Bush & Derek Jeter want to buy the Marlins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeb Bush & Derek Jeter want to buy the Marlins

Yeah at the end of the day, the trades had to happen. Sure it's disheartening that this is the 4th firesale in the franchise's young history which sucks, and Stanton didn't exactly bring a big haul back, but I think this was more taking a bad situation and trying to rebuild fresh where the previous ones have all been shear salary dumps.

Sucks, but necessary

You can't fault Jeter at all for this.

If all you care about is going (or not going) to the game to watch Stanton hit homers, then keeping him in Miami would of been the best move.

That payroll was ridiculous . . .unmanageable. The team had ZERO pitching. They were going nowhere with Stanton.

The best move of course was blowing it up, as much as I hate to say it. Loria and Samson gave out terrible contracts to I guess make the team more sellable.

Mission accomplished, now Jeter will take the blame but he will certainly get the accolades for turning it around.

And sure I only went to 3 games this year, but I bet that is better than most. I had a good time each time and we lost 2 of those 3 games, and Stanton was terrible in all 3 games . . . And I still had a good time because I like baseball and would still go whether he is there or not.

So rebuild the farm system, develop the talent and resurface in two or 3 years with a young, competitive team than can reignite the fanbase and the area . . . Because the next 2 years will be grim for sure.

Yeah at the end of the day, the trades had to happen. Sure it's disheartening that this is the 4th firesale in the franchise's young history which sucks, and Stanton didn't exactly bring a big haul back, but I think this was more taking a bad situation and trying to rebuild fresh where the previous ones have all been shear salary dumps.

Sucks, but necessary

You do a fire sale or salary dump to get rid of players who are not worth the contract or would hinder further development. This firesale is a financial necessity. Sherman and Jeter don't have money. They are still looking for investors to meet their basic financial obligations. How MLB ever approved this sale is beyond me. The Marlins went from **** into deep ****.

And sorry KDawk, no matter how great you make the farm system once the players are developed they will be sold off. Jeter is worth an estimated 180 Mill and Sherman at 500 Mill. Their cash on hand is probably around 50% of that. The Marlins alone cost 1.2 Billion. These two can't afford crap.

You do a fire sale or salary dump to get rid of players who are not worth the contract or would hinder further development. This firesale is a financial necessity. Sherman and Jeter don't have money. They are still looking for investors to meet their basic financial obligations. How MLB ever approved this sale is beyond me. The Marlins went from **** into deep ****.

And sorry KDawk, no matter how great you make the farm system once the players are developed they will be sold off. Jeter is worth an estimated 180 Mill and Sherman at 500 Mill. Their cash on hand is probably around 50% of that. The Marlins alone cost 1.2 Billion. These two can't afford crap.

I do agree that the approval of sale to Jeter's group was extremely shortsighted and MLB still went ahead and approved it.

But that payroll was top 5 for 2018 and the farm system was bottom 5 . . . Plus absolutely no pitching to speak of. Attendance is always bottom 5.

Smart businessmen want to make money, that was an obvious money pit if you didn't blow it up. Hell even Stephen Ross could of bought the team and seen that.

Just saying, there was no realistic situation where a big pocket owner was coming in and keeping that payroll the way it was with the complete lack of essentials all over the place. Huge losses.

I do agree that the approval of sale to Jeter's group was extremely shortsighted and MLB still went ahead and approved it.

But that payroll was top 5 for 2018 and the farm system was bottom 5 . . . Plus absolutely no pitching to speak of. Attendance is always bottom 5.

Smart businessmen want to make money, that was an obvious money pit if you didn't blow it up. Hell even Stephen Ross could of bought the team and seen that.

Just saying, there was no realistic situation where a big pocket owner was coming in and keeping that payroll the way it was with the complete lack of essentials all over the place. Huge losses.
To make money you have to invest money. Jeter and Sherman simply do not have the money. They don't even have the money to pay for the franchise much less invest in players. Oh yeah, but Jeter is making $5 Mill per year.
Creating a good to great farm system requires money. Where is that coming from? And when those players develop and hit their prime they have to be paid.

So from one owner who didn't have the capital to own the franchise to another who doesn't have the capital needed to own the franchise. The Marlins should just leave dade county and stop sucking tax payers money. This is the worst franchise in South Florida.

Yelich traded to the Brewers. They got a nice little haul including the Brewers top prospect.

I mean makes no sense at this point . . . You blew it up, go all the way in and leave no debris. i expect Realmuto to be next.

Get that top draft pick the next two years and come 2020 maybe we can show some signs of being competitive.

This team will lose 120 games this year. All the thrifty competitive teams went this route for a few seasons. Houston, Chicago Cubs come to mind.

So from one owner who didn't have the capital to own the franchise to another who doesn't have the capital needed to own the franchise. The Marlins should just leave dade county and stop sucking tax payers money. This is the worst franchise in South Florida.

I will still reserve judgement on this new group for a few years but yea most definitely they are the worst franchise in South FL. Hell it ain't close although the Panthers I thought were on the right track until the owners got ****y and got rid of Gallant because of a somewhat slow start last year and the fact that he didn't embrace their analytics. Such a dumb, premature move. Dude is killing it as Vegas first year coach.

I can and will blame Jeter for a lot of things, including the firing of Mr. Marlin, Jeff Conine.

It's a shame, because I do like going to baseball games sometimes, and we have yet another ownership group that needs to be thrown off a highway overpass.

Back
Top Bottom