Jeff Darlington - The Ballad of Dolphins Quarterbacks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Darlington - The Ballad of Dolphins Quarterbacks

What a junk punch. Any wonder apathy set in for to many?

I feel like Fiedler gets a bad rap though. It wasn't his fault the defense **** the bed multiple times when we needed a stop.

Coaching and everything else doomed him. He was limited in what he could do. We just never got past that by doing dumb stuff like drafting Jamar Fletcher.
His arm sucked and he threw terrible pick 6s ALL THE TIME

I actually believe Jeff is a big fins fan. He is such a good media personality; I really like what he brings to the table. He is tight with RT17 and was always cool to hear the stuff that no one else knew about Ryan back then when we were trying to figure him out.
Of course he is. He was a Dolphins beat writer.

I feel like Fiedler gets a bad rap though. It wasn't his fault the defense **** the bed multiple times when we needed a stop.

Coaching and everything else doomed him. He was limited in what he could do. We just never got past that by doing dumb stuff like drafting Jamar Fletcher.
He does. Those defenses were bullies to bad teams and bullied by good ones. They choked more than Jay, many wont admit it. There was one year, 01 maybe, where he bailed them out quite a bit. This with James McDrop and Randy McDrop catching passes.

Fiedler got the rap he deserved...he flopped at critical moments...not a championship QB. “Midnight Miracle”...see the playoff failures...very mediocre QB who failed when it mattered.

Love this! I think they forgot Pat White?? Maybe because he never actually started a game (I think?)?
He started one. Against Pitt. He didn’t complete a single pass. Instead he got knocked unconscious scrambling for the sideline and that was it. Good catch - it was a miss.

Fiedler got the rap he deserved...he flopped at critical moments...not a championship QB. “Midnight Miracle”...see the playoff failures...very mediocre QB who failed when it mattered.
Another noodle arm QB. Midnight miracle he threw a terrible INT in OT that set the Jets up at our 40 or so and that was it. He was pretty bad.

Was Trent Green in there?

I love that he closed w a tip of cap to Shula. Made me all warm and fuzzy.

Back
Top Bottom