Jeff Ireland Has The Saints Rolling. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland Has The Saints Rolling.

obeel

Active Roster
Reaction score
Leaves the snake bitten Fins and is making great personnel decisions.

interesting.png

I'd just like to say that Jeff Ireland was a terrible general manager and basically a dysfunctional human being when he was here in South Florida. He was very deservedly fired and I hope the Saints crash and burn now that he's made the extremely foolish decision to sign Brandon Marshall.

Agreed. He’s an assistant. And he was horrid as a GM here.

To be fair, Rick Spielman never really had authority here in Miami. When he was here, we let the coach run the show. And we had some DOPE coaches who had that power in the 2000s.

I remember being flabbergasted that Wannstedt got total control after what he did in Chicago, including giving up a 1st round pick for Rick Mirer.

Common denominator of our "PROBLEM" is at the top!

aka The Clown

Jeff Ireland is great to have as an assistant to scout and help fill out the roster with mid round picks. He is not good as the guy running the show though.

Same thing happened here honestly. When Bill Parcells was the guy, Ireland actually made some nice moves in the mind rounds. Once he became the guy running the show it got ugly

Jeff Ireland is great to have as an assistant to scout and help fill out the roster with mid round picks. He is not good as the guy running the show though.

Same thing happened here honestly. When Bill Parcells was the guy, Ireland actually made some nice moves in the mind rounds. Once he became the guy running the show it got ugly

Came to say this. Ireland deserved to get fired here, but he is excellent for his role in New Orleans... he can find mid level talent and did a pretty good job of finding it here.

Did Jeff Ireland go back in time and convince the Dolphins to sign Culpepper over Brees?

I would take Ireland over Tbum all day. Now that being said we really need a new great gm here to get the ball rolling.

Back
Top Bottom