Jeff Irleands take on many key topics | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Irleands take on many key topics

Look for Ronnie to be traded for a RB starved team during pre-season perhaps, getting us back next years 2nd we lost to BM...

Dolphins GM Jeff Irleand on Key Topics:

The Dolphins are eager to trade Justin Smiley but Ireland said, "there's always a possibility," the player could be brought back. Sorry, I don't buy it. He's getting traded, folks -- possibly before the weekend is out.

The Dolphins have been willing to trade running back Ronnie Brown for the right price. But they will not trade him during this draft. They cannot.

Ireland confirmed that a team cannot trade away a restricted free agent unless the player signs his tender from his team.

Brown is a restricted free agent, but has not yet signed the Dolphins tender. So he cannot be traded.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...losive-versatile--hes-going-to-play-insi.html

Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland breaks down day one of the NFL Draft:

(On the timeline of the trade with San Diego) - "I guess it started about maybe 2 hours before the draft. [Ed] McGuire and myself just started kind of talking. We fielded a couple calls during that process. There was quite a bit of action before our pick at 12. I guess it was out there that we were looking to move down. A couple of hours before and obviously their player needed to be there… [Ryan] Matthews kid who we kind of targeted that they may be after. He was and we went ahead of them with the pick."

(On what made Ted Ginn expendable) "They [he and Marshall] play the same position and we have some young players that we've drafted and we feel real good about. Just didn't really feel like Ted would get a fair shake if Brandon is taking all of his reps. There's also times where you don't feel like there's enough reps to go around sometimes, and the opportunity to get that fifth [round pick] back was key for us."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ents-draft-04232010,0,6045349.story?track=rss

Look for Ronnie to be traded for a RB starved team during pre-season perhaps, getting us back next years 2nd we lost to BM...

Back
Top Bottom