Jennings to compete for a spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jennings to compete for a spot

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Gary Jennings WR, Miami Dolphins

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson suggests WR Gary Jennings will compete with Allen Hurns and Isaiah Ford for the fifth and sixth receiver jobs.

Jennings was claimed by the Dolphins off waivers from the Seahawks in November but was injured in his first game with Miami. He's currently learning the intricacies of playing from the slot, where the team envisions his 6'1/214 frame coming in handy to create mismatches on smaller, slower players. DeVante Parker, second-year UDFA Preston Williams, and Albert Wilson are still expected to man Miami's three-wide sets in their season opener against the Patriots.

Related:

Source: The Miami Herald

Jun 26, 2020, 12:50 PM ET

Gary Jennings WR, Miami Dolphins

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson suggests WR Gary Jennings will compete with Allen Hurns and Isaiah Ford for the fifth and sixth receiver jobs.

Jennings was claimed by the Dolphins off waivers from the Seahawks in November but was injured in his first game with Miami. He's currently learning the intricacies of playing from the slot, where the team envisions his 6'1/214 frame coming in handy to create mismatches on smaller, slower players. DeVante Parker, second-year UDFA Preston Williams, and Albert Wilson are still expected to man Miami's three-wide sets in their season opener against the Patriots.

Related:

Source: The Miami Herald

Jun 26, 2020, 12:50 PM ET
Hey Danny. Might want to do an edit because the bigger news on the source is the WR's have been getting together in private.

Don’t sleep on Gary Jennings

1593201287504.png

One other interesting note is that although Dolphins’ QB Tua Tagovailoa has not worked out with some of Miami’s top wide receivers. He has been doing work this offseason with Jennings, which could see the two build a connection early on in camp.

Tagovailoa hasn’t worked out with the Dolphins’ top veteran receivers during his first two weeks in Miami, but he has spent time with Jennings.

Jennings stood out at the 2019 senior bowl and tested well at the combine. There’s plenty to love, which stems from his crisp route-running and ability to high-point the football.

It also doesn’t hurt that he has speed. Jennings ran a 4.47 forty at the combine.

I’ll dive into Jennings tape a little bit more in the coming weeks. But for now, here’s a highlight reel that shows off some of his top plays in college.

6-1 216 lbs

He uses that size very well, he refuses to go down after the 1st hit.

Players that need to be gang tackled to slow down or stopped obviously impress me big time...I have seen too many big guys that go down way to easy.

I'm a huge Gesicki fan, I think he's going to be a star sooner then later, but aside from his blocking, that's what I dislike about his game most, more times then not, he goes down on 1st contact...Though I will say he is starting to show more toughness.

I read somewhere that he was a potential slot. Not sure if that was speculation, or solid info.

It would be great if that worked out.
Not only does he have a great size/speed combo for that position, it's probably the easiest path to a roster spot.

Back
Top Bottom