Jeno James assessment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeno James assessment

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
"Panthers guard Jeno James to the Dolphins

What it means: The Dolphins' main focus this offseason will be to try to rebuild the offensive line. The guard play has been bad the past two years, and James is a rising player at the position. Paying between $3 million and $4 million, though, is too much for a guard. They should be drafted and developed, not paid.

The good: James is a very good run blocker who helped clear the way for Stephen Davis in Carolina. Ricky Williams will love running behind him. He plays with a tenacity that you want from an inside player.

The bad: Not a great athlete, which means he struggles to pull at times. Makes up for what he lacks with a toughness that keeps him battling.

Good move, bad move or indifferent? Here we are again with a team paying big money to a guard. That is where you get into cap problems. The only guards ever worth a big-money deal in the past 20 years were Larry Allen and John Hannah. That's it. The rest of those guys should be made, not paid."

I don't agree with this viewpoint at all. What he says is easier said than done. By the time a team develops a guard...he a free agent and he's gone. Perfect example..Jeno James. It's obvious that Miami had a huge need at the guard position. In the modern day NFL..there is less time to wait for him to grow.

where did you get that? Was that Prickso?
It is really stupid of him to say that the ONLY place a team should get a guard is through the draft. And there have been plenty of free agent guards that were worthwhile signings for their team.
Nobody is saying JJ is a Hannah or Allen, but that does not mean he isn't worth a comparatively modest free agent contract.

And...he seems to know little about JJ, because he has a tackle's feet and pulling is one of his strengths. He makes it sound like JJ is a phonebooth guy and nothing could be more wrong.

Again, I hate to sound like a jerk..... BUT FOR THE 100TH TIME, YOU MUST POST LINKS WHEN YOU QUOTE THINGS!! :yell: Come on people. We've been over it 1000 times. :)

Anyway, CK posted this earlier today. That's how I know it's from Prisco. And he's right. We need to start drafting BETTER lineman. It's not ath we don't draft them. We just draft guys that aren't any good. And that's when we have the picks.

Well the step in the right direction was made by taking away the definitive decision from Wanny. In my opinion the reason Miami has missed the playoffs the last 2 years and has not been a final four team has been the innefective drafting.

Yes you can argue that QB play was not at a high enough level , but if the drafting was where it should have been we would have been able to pursue a better QB.... anyway I for one think Rick has a better inate feel for talent and think we shall start to see that this April......

"I don't agree with this viewpoint at all."

Of course you don't. He's a Dolphin now.

Originally posted by Spikes
"I don't agree with this viewpoint at all."

Of course you don't. He's a Dolphin now.

He was disagreeing about the methods, not the player. :rolleyes:

Maybe focus on what is said instead of taking tired potshots.

My opinion on James hasn't changed a bit. He still has one weakness and at LG it should not be exploited too bad.

He uses finesse tactics against bigger DTs and gets stopped for it. That's his only weakness.

Back
Top Bottom