Jeremy Roenicks comments about the NHL deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremy Roenicks comments about the NHL deal

My dad is from Philadelphia so I started watching the games with him in the mid-70's when the Flyers won back to back championships....I have waited just as long for the Flyers to win another Cup as I have waited for the Dolphins to win another SB....but Jeremy flat out doesnt get it!!!!!!

I now live in Colorado and I cheer for the Avs who have won two Cups here in Colorado, but I have only been able to afford to go see them at the Pepsi Center in Denver one time because the tickets are too expensive....if they want to get the fans back they need to start selling some $10-$15 tickets or offer some 2 for 1 tickets...or some family specials....I won't go back or follow hockey unless they make changes. I can see the NCAA Hockey Champs Denver Pioneers who won back to back titles and the CC Tigers who are always in the top 5 nationally...college hockey is great.

Every team should lower prices and give away a lot of free stuff. I'm talking Bill Veeck-like promotions...like the minor league baseball team that offered one lucky fan a free vasectomy a few years ago on Father's Day! :lol:

Don't just lower prices; slash them to the bone. Make all upper-deck seats cost no more than $20. And lower beer prices, too. Yes, there will be a loss at first, but right now, the NHL desperately needs the blue collar fanbase they abandoned. Make it up somewhere else; start playing hardball with the local arena and try to work out a more favorable lease. Make it understood that they can make a little less money, or they can start finding new ways to fill 40 home dates (plus playoffs). The Penguins, for example, have arguably the worst lease in pro sports with the Civic Arena.

Also, start doing a "goodwill tour" in every NHL city featuring prominent players from the local team.

Back
Top Bottom