Jermichael Finley, Dolphins TE? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jermichael Finley, Dolphins TE?

What should Dolphins exchange in a trade for TE Jermichael Finley?

• 2nd round pick

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 3rd round pick

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • 4th or lower round pick

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Reggie Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB aside of Reggie

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • None, he's unworthy of a trade

Votes: 39 28.3%

• Total voters

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I understand several guys have expressed they don't like when we post daydreaming situations about improbable trades, but as we're 2 weeks away of trade deadline several trades could happen specially for teams that love to "build through the draft", but are suffering to win this season.

That said, Packers' TE Jermichael Finley have expressed there's no chemistry with Aaron Rodgers, his passer. Also his agent contacted Rodgers to clarify a statement from Finley. So when an agent is used as PR among his teammates, there's some serious issue that haven't been handled in the best way.

So figuring Philbin requests a trade for Finley, what kind of compensation should Dolphins surrender?

Do you think it's a feasible trade?

What kind of impact could he have for our offense?

Comment please :ponder:

Id negotiate something.close to a second.
Weve got two to play with. Something in that neighborhood id be fine with.

Absolutely not. This guy is a "me first" guy that is already overpaid and points fingers at everyone else but himself. I'm tired of him blaming "chemistry" as the reason why he doesn't get production. He has problems catching the ball.

I wouldn't be opposed to give up a 3rd for Jermichael Finley. =)

he's like a less talented Vernon Davis that never matured . Dude complains every single play and throws temper tantrums when he drops easy passes acting like there was some phantom pass interference on te play

I guess the Wannstedt years have worn off on some...forgetting how he gave away picks in an effort to get players to win now. All of which led to the 1-15 season and pure garbage on the field.

I wonder if it ever dawns on any of you that players are available in trade because they're either A) not getting it done on the field or just flat out suck or B) have a plethora of off the field issues that normally find their way into the locker room or field. Just like the people on here praising Ireland for trading Vontae for a 2nd to Indy, it seems obvious now that Vontae wasn't getting it done on the field.

In regards to Finley...it's clear that he's having some major issues with catching the ball. He's had a lot of drops, more than normal, so if you were frustrated with Charles Clay magnify that by 10 and then imagine we had traded a 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick to acquire Clay...would you be angry, frustrated, disappointed? I would.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most overrated players in the league. I wouldn't trade anything more than a fourth for him

I guess the Wannstedt years have worn off on some...forgetting how he gave away picks in an effort to get players to win now. All of which led to the 1-15 season and pure garbage on the field.

I wonder if it every dawns on any of you that players are available in trade because they're either A) not getting it done on the field or just flat out suck or B) have a plethora of off the field issues that normally find their way into the locker room or field. Just like the people on here praising Ireland for trading Vontae for a 2nd to Indy, it seems obvious now that Vontae wasn't getting it done on the field.

In regards to Finley...it's clear that he's having some major issues with catching the ball. He's had a lot of drops, more than normal, so if you were frustrated with Charles Clay magnify that by 10 and then imagine we had traded a 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick to acquire Clay...would you be angry, frustrated, disappointed? I would.

People here continue to believe this FO will build through trades and FA. This thinking goes completely against the grain of Philbin.

And I can't agree more on Finley's issue with his hands. The guy just isn't getting it done. Watch enough Packer games, and you see it on a regular basis. Players like Bowe and Finley will be available for alot of reasons, not catching the ball will be one of those reasons.

overrated??? i wouldn't refer to him as that. the guy is only 25 yrs old, and up until this year was steadily progressing (minus an injury plagued 2010), finishing last season with 55 catches for 767 yds, and most importantly EIGHT TDS! overrated??? give me a break... That's like saying Reggie Bush is overrated (no doubt he was at one point, but given the opportunity and correct system he proved the NFL wrong). Do away with the Charles Clay experiment, say good bye to Fasano, sign Finley and draft a TE in the early rnds of the draft. BOOM! Add a high profile WR to Hartline and Bess and we have a nice vertical passing game.

Not worth the headaches...definitely not a guy Philbin would put up with. We can do better.

um philbin was his coach before... I'd say do it if its a 4th rounder. thats a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom