Jerome Baker Stock Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerome Baker Stock Up

The cupboard is not bare.

And the 2020 DE FA class looks enticing. I'm just saying.

Matt Burke is probably one of the worst coordinator's we've had in 2 decades. I'm sure plenty other deserve mention though.

This team isn't bad enough to get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft unless its their main objective.
I agree the cupboard is not bare, but it's by no means a fully stocked pantry either.

I'm not a fan of free agents at the DE position, as they tend to be overpriced, even ones on the backend of their careers.

Having said that, I think we can safely assume at this point we will be running both 3 and 4 man fronts. What 2020 FAs do you see as fitting that "multiples" scheme?

I can't see paying big $ to a monster 4-3 type DE, only to have him sitting half the time.

Let's just hope the LBs as a whole, can step up against the run. Because last year, every single one of them had no business playing for a NFL caliber team.

Right now -- we have a legit chance to be significantly better in a number of areas
than the skeptics are predicting. Baker is one of the wild cards IMO. If he really
excels in the new system -- that's a positive uptick for sure...

Granted, I am optimistic and hopeful at this point -- but I really believe we will
enjoy a number of positive "surprises" this season. Not talking winning tons of
game -- but some sustainable links in the chain to build upon...

That's my hope at least.

BNF

I mean he is essentially the type of NFL Lb teams covet nowadays. Less importance on the POA stuff, more focus on what you can do in the nickel packages.

You can bet the house if he stays healthy he will easily lead the LB crew, hell the entire front 7, in snaps on defense.

Right now -- we have a legit chance to be significantly better in a number of areas
than the skeptics are predicting. Baker is one of the wild cards IMO. If he really
excels in the new system -- that's a positive uptick for sure...

Granted, I am optimistic and hopeful at this point -- but I really believe we will
enjoy a number of positive "surprises" this season. Not talking winning tons of
game -- but some sustainable links in the chain to build upon...

That's my hope at least.

BNF

There WILL BE positive surprises. All but deniers admit that. The problem is no one knows which ones will surprise

Let's just hope the LBs as a whole, can step up against the run. Because last year, every single one of them had no business playing for a NFL caliber team.

The front 7 plays as a unit. And based on run stop percentages, Raekwon McMillan near the top of the league. I believe the 6th best grade against the run of any linebacker in the NFL.

The front 7 plays as a unit. And based on run stop percentages, Raekwon McMillan near the top of the league. I believe the 6th best grade against the run of any linebacker in the NFL.
Who graded him at #6, and what was their methodology?

I ask because its hard to reconcile that with the fact that we ranked 31st in terms of rushing yds against.

I would suggest that that ranking is probably a bit misleading because IIRC, RM came off the field a lot on 2nd amd 3rd downs.

Im not saying he's horrible, and he was coming off injury early in the year, but there is no way that he is even in the top half of the league as a run stopping Mike. That's not a knock. It's just common sense reality.

I dont see it. I didnt see it last year either.

From your incessant "championship" quotes to knocking players abilities or supposed potential... I don't remember any player you actually support on the team.

I apologize, in advance, if I'm wrong but are you really a fan of the team or do you say these things to get responses? (kind of like click bait... some of Omar's stuff comes to mind)

I'm not saying we should have blind homer faith but wow …. how about something positive once in awhile to balance out the constant beatings you give out....

Either way... most of it is opinion anyway and we are all entitled to that … flame away if you must but IMO Baker is a stud LB and after getting his feet wet last year with a dysfunctional coaching staff and a scheme that couldn't be sustained ( by us at least) I look for Baker to be a star.

BTW... I'm not trying to attack you I'm just curious if you have any hope at all for anyone on this team... and if not why bother?

I ask because its hard to reconcile that with the fact that we ranked 31st in terms of rushing yds against.

I would suggest that that ranking is probably a bit misleading because IIRC, RM came off the field a lot on 2nd amd 3rd downs.

Im not saying he's horrible, and he was coming off injury early in the year, but there is no way that he is even in the top half of the league as a run stopping Mike. That's not a knock. It's just common sense reality.

Back when I did have PFF I saw he received high marks for his run defense grade, but not his pass defense grade.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226234440.html

PFF rated McMillan sixth among all linebackers against the run and no NFL linebacker had more run stops (holding the opponent to a play that PFF deemed unsuccessful) over the final four weeks.

The Giants will end up with the #1 pick. They'll fire Gettleman and the new front office will draft a QB at 1. Daniel Jones is not an NFL QB. His 1st 7 throws in camp.. He went 0-7 with an INT.

He was great in the Miami miracle game. Big reason NE couldn’t get there run game going against us.

Back when I did have PFF I saw he received high marks for his run defense grade, but not his pass defense grade.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article226234440.html

If it is only taking the last four weeks into account, I can believe it I guess.

He was much more effective as the season went on. That's understandable, as it was a redshirt rookie situation. In addition to that, 3 of the last 4 games were against teams that weren't very good.

Back
Top Bottom